painted windshield? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
painted windshield?

hi guys. i saw a thread by someone who had painted his windshield black but can't find him now. has any of you have tinted it with film or spray? i want to tint my stock one black but dont know how exactly? anybody could give me a hint?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM

When I was using my stock screen it was painted black. I just used Krylon Fusion Spray Paint on the inside, it worked fine. And the screen is small enough to where you don't need to look through it, so I had no issues with my field of vision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensionera_gmp View Post
hi guys. i saw a thread by someone who had painted his windshield black but can't find him now. has any of you have tinted it with film or spray? i want to tint my stock one black but dont know how exactly? anybody could give me a hint?
I wonder if you're talking about this thread? Check page 2...

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...read.php?t=165

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

no. i was looking for a painted windscreen not flipped. thanks anyways. if you see a painted one please let me know. i need to know what spray they used.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

I'm just trying to help you. I guess I can do your searching for you. I know its a little confusing, the title says 'flipped', and you're looking for painted. Turns out, on page 2, there's a painted windscreen with sparse instructions. If that's not good enough, PM the guy (his name shouldn't be hard to find) & ask him more details.

There, I've 'let you know'.

From page 2:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...p?t=165&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
I just got my 2007 (new) Black Versys this morning. After checking the windscreen tinting it with film was not a solution, there's some embossed print inside the windscreen so it would probably come off in days. So I went to a car paint store and bought special transparent primer and custom mixed tinted clear coat. If you do use this technic, make sure to read the instructions. In my case it was only 2 minutes between the 2 primer layers, and then let it dry for 5-10 minutes maximum and then start the clear coat layers, with 10 minutes between each layer.

Ok here are a few pics: As you can see the windscreen is not transparent like if a film was used, but it will be more durable and with a windscreen that size you usually don't look through it when you ride. Total cost: about 25$

Notice his windscreen is NOT flipped...

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 02-10-2009 at 06:10 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 PM

I painted my windshield on the inside with fred meyers brand satin black paint. This was suggested to me by the local window tinting shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode