Top-block sliders for the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Top-block sliders for the V

Hi guys,

After that I had a stupid fall with my brand new V on the second day (sad, I know) and I had to pay 2.000 $ for repairs (who knew that those plastics things were so expensive?) I decided to install sliders on the beast.
That wasn't an easy thing since the original kawa sliders for the V are almost unfindable and I didn't like the crash bars, so I kept searching and finally I found that a french company called top-block is making protective accessories and there is slider for the V that is mount between the frame and the motor, meaning that if someone falls (not me please) the frame will not be bend. So I got a set for 160 euros (around 210$) and this morning I went to my mechanic to install them.
They look good on the V and they are really massive.

I will upload some pics in a couple of days

And I want to tell all the new owners that installing sliders/crash bars should be the first thing you do when you got your bike.

Drive safe ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sliders.JPG (30.8 KB, 430 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 AM

What parts did you damage...that seems awfully expensive? We were looking at what it would cost to purchase parts to make one black and it was less than $1,500 including the gas tank.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 AM

Very cool look!!!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

I live in Israel and ALL vehicles and parts are twice the price that in the US

Last edited by oren; 01-14-2009 at 06:57 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 AM

That sucks...I scratched my right cowling and the replacement is only $141. Hopefully it won't happen to either of us again!!!

Steve

Now I have four!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

some pics

some pics of the slider
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top2.jpg (876.1 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg top3.jpg (609.2 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg top4.jpg (502.5 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg top1.jpg (527.3 KB, 191 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 AM

What worries me about these, and many other sliders, is that they attach to a frame mount that has a known history of cracking (Kawasaki have a dealer note out for it IIRC).
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

al,
as you can see on the pic from the right this slider is mount between the frame and the engine so it supposed not to crack/bend the frame.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 07:44 AM

I will stick with my HB bars, but those are the nicest looking sliders I have seen.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:31 AM

Hi Oren, welcome to the forum.

Those sliders look good, but I am not sure they will do what you expect them to. Have you read the different threads here and on the international forum about sliders and crash bars? Sliders work only as a last resort protection, usually designed to prevent frame (and if well designed) radiator damage. I doubt it'll protect your tank and plastics in most crashes. At least you should be thankful to the Kawasaki distributor in Israel for not carrying the Kawasaki sliders. Those truly suck, some members had them break in a minor garage drop...

Like the esteemed gentleman from GA, I'd recommend crash bars if you are worried about dropping the bike. IMHO, the Hepco-Becker bars offer the best protection.

Of course, if you learn from that previous drop, you'll never get to test the sliders or any crash bar, and that is much, much better...

Gustavo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode