Shad Luggage and Rack?!? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Shad Luggage and Rack?!?

Anyone use Shad Luggage or hear anything about it?
Over at cycleluggage.com they have a pretty big selection of luggage by Shad, as well as a toprack.. it all runs cheaper than Givi etc, and so I was just wondering if anyone had comments about their quality or recommendations on certain boxes. They look decent enough... better than JC Whitney at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:44 AM

It looks like they have some really cool options like the adapter plate with the brake light, plus it appears that you can get a brakelight for the case. I added an extra brakelight to the back of my Givi top case rack to make sure that big trucks could see my brake lights. They look very cool...let us know if you get them.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

After some research I think I am going with this brand of luggage. It turns out they are made by a company called Binetto in Spain. here's there site if anyone is interested... http://www.binetto.com/default.aspx

also, as pposed to cycleluggage, I found that adventuremotousa.com carries Shad for even cheaper with a bigger selection.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to andyhewitt3 Send a message via Skype™ to andyhewitt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_zwara View Post
After some research I think I am going with this brand of luggage. It turns out they are made by a company called Binetto in Spain. here's there site if anyone is interested... http://www.binetto.com/default.aspx

also, as pposed to cycleluggage, I found that adventuremotousa.com carries Shad for even cheaper with a bigger selection.
I couldn't find the "fullmaster" top/side rack on the adventuremoto website. You have any luck?
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhewitt3 View Post
I couldn't find the "fullmaster" top/side rack on the adventuremoto website. You have any luck?
Nope. I was hoping to see if the universal full rack by Shad would fit, or if they carried the V one...but the Versys specific one is not listed on their site... which is why I emailed them about it. But as of yet, NO RESPONSE... so... I guess they don't want my money.
I'm going to try cycleluggage.com next, they also carry Shad.

If you hhavent checked out the binetto site, I'd reccomend it, it'll give you a good idea of what they make and general pricing as well.

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Nope. I was hoping to see if the universal full rack by Shad would fit, or if they carried the V one...but the Versys specific one is not listed on their site... which is why I emailed them about it. But as of yet, NO RESPONSE... so... I guess they don't want my money.
I'm going to try cycleluggage.com next, they also carry Shad.

If you hhavent checked out the binetto site, I'd reccomend it, it'll give you a good idea of what they make and general pricing as well.
I've been on the binetto site. It seems to be really good stuff. I also emailed adventuremoto right before I saw your reply. I also emailed cylceluggage.com. I want the sh42 sides and a fullmaster rack. Probably get a sh46 topcase later. How long ago did you email adventuremoto?
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I've been on the binetto site. It seems to be really good stuff. I also emailed adventuremoto right before I saw your reply. I also emailed cylceluggage.com. I want the sh42 sides and a fullmaster rack. Probably get a sh46 topcase later. How long ago did you email adventuremoto?
I emailed adventuremoto about 5 business days ago... no reply as of today either.
Let me know if you hear from cycle luggage.
I'm looking to get the fullmaster with the "sh40 cargo" topcase (I like the little rack on the top...) and the sh42 sides.

post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I emailed adventuremoto about 5 business days ago... no reply as of today either.
Let me know if you hear from cycle luggage.
I'm looking to get the fullmaster with the "sh40 cargo" topcase (I like the little rack on the top...) and the sh42 sides.
I actually got a response from adventuremoto today but they quoted me a price on the sidemaster rack and not the fullmaster that I asked about. cycleluggage has not responded. if its this much trouble to get these, I may just get some givi side cases. its just money right??
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I actually got a response from adventuremoto today but they quoted me a price on the sidemaster rack and not the fullmaster that I asked about. cycleluggage has not responded. if its this much trouble to get these, I may just get some givi side cases. its just money right??
I've yet to hear back from them.. hmm... keep me updated on cycleluggage please... I'd really prefer the shad over the givi...
I may just contact Binetto if their suppliers are so ugh... I even checkon out one local spot listed on the binetto site, and when i got there, they were out of business!

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I've yet to hear back from them.. hmm... keep me updated on cycleluggage please... I'd really prefer the shad over the givi...
I may just contact Binetto if their suppliers are so ugh... I even checkon out one local spot listed on the binetto site, and when i got there, they were out of business!
just got another response from adventuremoto:
"The Fullmaster is not available for the Versys. Only the Sidemaster kit will apply and later when you are ready for the topcase you can add the Topmaster. This is through SHAD’s applications from Spain, not us.

You can however adapt a Fullmaster kit to your motorcycle but this would require that you fabricate the mounting hardware and points for the installation. Fullmasters are designed for heavy big Touring bikes like the Yamaha FJR 1300 or the Honda CBR 1100 XX. Fullmaster kits are $250.00."

Not sure what I want to do now.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Question

I can only assume that they do not know what they are talking about...

The fullmaster is listed on the Binetto site specifically got the Versys... furthermore, the "universal" was cheaper then that on the adventuremoto site.... before you posted this... hmm... tricky stuff going on.
Also on the Binetto site, they list a topmaster for the V, but not the side racks by themselves... I dunno, now I'm just down right boggled.
I think I am going to call Binetto directly sometime in the next week. If you'd like I can tell you what I find out from them. (Their US branch is stationed in FL).

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I can only assume that they do not know what they are talking about...

The fullmaster is listed on the Binetto site specifically got the Versys... furthermore, the "universal" was cheaper then that on the adventuremoto site.... before you posted this... hmm... tricky stuff going on.
Also on the Binetto site, they list a topmaster for the V, but not the side racks by themselves... I dunno, now I'm just down right boggled.
I think I am going to call Binetto directly sometime in the next week. If you'd like I can tell you what I find out from them. (Their US branch is stationed in FL).
Yeah I saw on the Binetto site a PDF link about the fullmaster but it was a dead link and the sidemaster wasn't even listed. Either way, I just ordered the sidemaster rack and the SH 42 cases from adventuremoto over the phone for $509 shipped. They should be here by friday. I never heard back from cycleluggage.com. I'll probably get the 46 or 50 liter top case and Shad topmaster rack later this year.

Last edited by andyhewitt3; 02-16-2009 at 01:50 PM.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah I saw on the Binetto site a PDF link about the fullmaster but it was a dead link and the sidemaster wasn't even listed. Either way, I just ordered the sidemaster rack and the SH 42 cases from adventuremoto over the phone for $509 shipped. They should be here by friday. I never heard back from cycleluggage.com. I'll probably get the 46 or 50 liter top case and Shad topmaster rack later this year.
Cool deal. let me know how the transaction with adventuremoto goes... hopefully it fairs smoothly. also, let me know wbout the quality of the gear. It seems well enough...
if you don't mind me asking... how much was the sidemaster alone?

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Cool deal. let me know how the transaction with adventuremoto goes... hopefully it fairs smoothly. also, let me know wbout the quality of the gear. It seems well enough...
if you don't mind me asking... how much was the sidemaster alone?
They shipped my order same day. The Sidemaster rack was $204 with free shipping.
I heard back from cycleluggage.com finally and they quoted me $74 plus $12 shipping for the Topmaster rack but said its on backorder till sometime in March. I don't need it right now anyway.

I'll report back on the quality.
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Hey guys, I've been looking at the same products. I want the SH-40 Cargo version. But, you're right, the topmaster will not be available here until late March. I found it on a site for a company in Spain for 65 Euros (about $80) but, they wanted $45 to ship it...argh. Guess I have to wait another month. I'll check back here to see what you think of the quality of the sidemaster.
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 12:08 PM

FYI...updated date for availability of the toprack...5/4/09...crud.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I got it all installed!

Top Rack, Side racks, and the SH40CA topcase.

I don't know who is saying the toprack is not available but I got mine in last week, about 5 days after I ordered it...

It's good quality gear, was easy to install myself (though the directions that came with it were severly under par), and frankly I like it.
I'll give a better review of it all, with pics, some time next week, after I take the bike out camping tomorrow for a few days!

post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM

Oh really? Where did you order it from?
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

I ordered it from ADVENTUREMOTOUSA.COM.
good prices, free shipping, and it was quick too!
I'll write up a review of the luaggage in the next day or two, it's great stuff!

post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 07:26 PM

Here is an article on Webbike World about Shad luggage and they have it mounted on a Versys.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc.../shad-luggage/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode