Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

fitting question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Duffy 
#1 ·
i'm not sure this is the correct place for this but here i go.

i was going to put the volt meter/usb charger outlet in the hole in the in the dashboard but it seems like a very sloppy fit. any of the things i would think would be a good fit seem too small for the opening. is there some washer situation i'm not thinking of?

thanks.

#3 ·
I have a set of those "wood-working" hole saws, so I pick the one that's CLOSEST to the diameter, but slightly smaller [if necessary] of the particular 'thing' I want to add to my dash then I use my Dremel tool as required to open it up to match the hole's diameter, or use a round file I have.

:yeahsmile:

Reactions: Duffy
#4 ·
on gen3, one left side is 28mm (too small for most 1"1/8 = 29mm accessories out there),
right side is 34mm (usually too large).

For the left, I hacked a 1" (25.4mm) pvc pipe fitting. I did a neat job but I wouldn't recommend this crafting to avg joe. I would recommend a delicate dremmel sanding with the 1/2" drum they usually have, and go around enlarging the hole imperceptibly until it fits 29mm.

For the right, I cut 2 plastic washers (about 1/16" thick) from a garbage bin (leftt over from my DIY front fender extender)
About 2" diameter to start with a 20mm hole to enlarge to requires specs, again with dremmel delicate work. If the side freeplay (in the 34mm hole) is not handled with properly tight assembly, you can always put rim of double sided mounting tape behind your back washer (if you ever sell and the mounting tape doesn't comm off, at least it's inside thus invisible).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.