Mobilephone/GPS holder - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Mobilephone/GPS holder

Hola,

Did somebody own this tipe od Mobilephone/GPS holder GIVI FB4114

If somebody own this, can you tell me is it OK, what is about vibration on that stuff, is there some problems or something other negative?

I wish to buy that, it is cheap if you compare with other holders, but I wish to heard reviews from somebody who own that before I choose to order it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB4114.jpg (40.6 KB, 41 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Vibration is part of the bike and no matter what mounting you use there will be vibration, only difference is the severity of it . I use a Motowerk mount for my GPS and has lasted over 9 years and no complaints , but it does vibrate a little.

If its cheap as you say , try it out and see how you can modify it to suit your use.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:58 AM

Garage
Isn't the phone too much in the way when mounted at that location?

I just put a Ram mount on the handle bar and have either a SW Motech (biologic) Galaxy S7 case or a Ram Mount aquabox on there.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

I know that vibration need to exsit, it is not car, but I wonder how hard are vibration. I think that this will have less vibration than option which I use now, mounted on handlebar. Also with this Givi I can place mobilephone in fron of my eyes, I don't need to loook down to see is here any speedcamera, and where I need to turn or stuff like that. Also this will be great for using mobilephone like safety camera (before I buy real camera)
I don't have anything to lose. This cost 45€ (shipping include in price), other are more expensive like 60-100 € without shipping. That is to expensive for me.
I will buy that so I will make review here after couple of usage.

Last edited by kardan; 07-09-2019 at 11:03 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardan View Post
Hola,

Did somebody own this tipe od Mobilephone/GPS holder GIVI FB4114

If somebody own this, can you tell me is it OK, what is about vibration on that stuff, is there some problems or something other negative?

I wish to buy that, it is cheap if you compare with other holders, but I wish to heard reviews from somebody who own that before I choose to order it.

Your best best is a RAM MOUNT X Grip or something similar.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM

That looks a little flimsy, to me, and while I'd really like a phone mount that puts my phone over the dash, but I'd want it in landscape mode (kind of like the GPS on an R1250GS), rather than portrait.

Somebody here, can't remember who, built a pretty simple over-the-dash bracket out of PVC. I'm thinking of doing something similar, and then attaching my Quad Lock holder to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode