Zana crash bars - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Zana crash bars

'Morning all...I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Zana crash bars. They're out of India (Zana International) and make not only the Versys mods, but also KTM, Triumph, Yammie's, etc...They seem to make exactly what I'm looking for but I can't find any reviews/thoughts on them outside of India itself. They do ship internationally but was hoping someone had some experience with them.

Thanks
Jazzbone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbone View Post
'Morning all...I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Zana crash bars. They're out of India (Zana International) and make not only the Versys mods, but also KTM, Triumph, Yammie's, etc...They seem to make exactly what I'm looking for but I can't find any reviews/thoughts on them outside of India itself. They do ship internationally but was hoping someone had some experience with them.

Thanks
Jazzbone
Post a link and photos. First I have heard of them, this forum has members in India.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 02:28 PM

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's the site...
KAWASAKI

And one of the vids with some of the accessories on the versys...not sure where the show was from...autoexpo 2018..

Jazzbone
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here's the site...
KAWASAKI

And one of the vids with some of the accessories on the versys...not sure where the show was from...autoexpo 2018..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaHNDebySU

Jazzbone
Good video, However, going by experience, I would like to see the bike over on the side with those crash bars, my experience is those bars may be the best to save the signal lights, However, because of the lower extension on the crash bar, I am willing to bet, two people will be needed to right the bike, as lifting the whole weight of the bike will be needed to get the wheels in contact with the ground.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:31 PM

Any design that connects with the front like this is on the good side of makers, though it can interfere with triple clamps lifts.

It resembles the hepco becker ones I own, so +1 there. It's high and protects the side better.
But it's almost a lie to say this design is unique. It's distinct just enough to avoid patent disputes I guess.

The mount points on the side are not thought for other lower protections (engine guard or skid plate) nor highway pegs, especially not other brands we already know. The slider is too high for acting as a peg.

The "no weld" argument is rather weak. Wouldn't you prefer a good weld to a possibly bad cast, or even bolts assembly?

The turn signal protection argument is not a selling point. The bike is top heavy (at least when full) and when you tip over, the whole tank is still unprotected. Turn signal <100$; tank > $$$!

From those visuals, I would evaluate it right below hepco becker. But certainly well above the givi/swmotech useless-joke ones.
Since we haven't heard from the t-rex ones since their initial offer, I guess t-rex is too clumsy or defective or heavy, who knows. T-rex ones would be probably below these zana, imho.

If only owners would participate more on the forums and send lots of closeup pictures...

FYI, if anyone wants closeup pictures from hepco beckers ones, see https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ml#post1220857
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Both of you had good points, worth considering. I really don't like the looks of the Givi or Swmotech...The TRex I haven't really considered, I'll need to look into them some more...
I've seen a couple of customer quick reviews on the Zana, nothing too detailed but the people seem to like them.
Once I hear back from Zana I'll make a decision and get the ball rolling on something...it'll be the 1st mod on the bike so I'll try to snap a few pics.
onewizard likes this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:21 PM

How about those headlight grills?!?!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
If only owners would participate more on the forums and send lots of closeup pictures... https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ml#post1220857
I have the T-Rex engine and luggage guards on a 2018 650LT. I LOVE them. Great coverage, VERY sturdy construction, and overall really thoughtful design. Nice and heavy, too. I'd love to give the review of them that you're looking for, dddd... be on the lookout; I'll post soon!
onewizard likes this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
How about those headlight grills?!?!
Damn ugly if you ask me...
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
...The turn signal protection argument is not a selling point. The bike is top heavy (at least when full) and when you tip over, the whole tank is still unprotected. Turn signal <100$; tank > $$$!...
Here's two pics of my Gen 3 ('15 V650LT) when I crashed it by leaving my front disc lock ON, and tried riding away.... -

As you'll see - I scratched the SW-Motech crash-bars, AND shattered my left saddle-bag, but I never touched my turn signal.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 02:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Here's the site...
KAWASAKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaHNDebySU

Jazzbone
Seriously cringy video.

The girl was both the best and worst thing about it
Devilsfan likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Damn ugly if you ask me...

I totally agree!!!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
Seriously cringy video.

The girl was both the best and worst thing about it

He said, "Any god damned big size phone..."
52Degrees likes this.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, after several emails going unanswered to their sales dept. trying to get information and asking for shipping quotes etc, all of which unanswered, I've kind of shy'd away from them even though they seem to be just what I'm looking for.
Next closest thing are the TRex...hopefully I hear back from them in the next day or 2...I'm picking up the bike Thursday and would like to start working on things early next week if I can...

Jazzbone
52Degrees likes this.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Well, after several emails going unanswered to their sales dept. trying to get information and asking for shipping quotes etc, all of which unanswered, I've kind of shy'd away from them even though they seem to be just what I'm looking for.

Next closest thing are the TRex...hopefully I hear back from them in the next day or 2...I'm picking up the bike Thursday and would like to start working on things early next week if I can...

Jazzbone
Those Trex bars have me concerned after taking a close look at the pictures (for the V1, specifically). There are spots where you can tell they but-welded two pipes together and didn't clean it up properly. This is in their own pictures.

I hope this was the result of pre-production experimenting and not typical of their finish quality. Does anyone have personal with their stuff?

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Those Trex bars have me concerned after taking a close look at the pictures (for the V1, specifically). There are spots where you can tell they but-welded two pipes together and didn't clean it up properly. This is in their own pictures.

I hope this was the result of pre-production experimenting and not typical of their finish quality. Does anyone have personal with their stuff?
I have had the same concerns with that butt-weld on the T-Rex bars. You can see it on the top of the bar here. Pre-production maybe but this is the second version of their product fur the Versys. Apparently, the first was plagued with it's own problems.

I like the design, but I'm not sure I am ready to pick this over the SWM bars sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N54-6EGB3-3_1550024471778.jpg (82.8 KB, 21 views)
52Degrees likes this.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Does anyone have personal with their stuff?...
I have a full-set of the TRex "pit-stands" in AZ as well as in BC, and they're VERY good, very nice, IMHO!

THEN I replaced the rear H-F w/ another TRex....

52Degrees likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 02:56 PM

Garage
OK, it looks like I'll plan on the pannier bars from Trex and engine protection from someone else. Kind of a bummer. I prefer one stop shopping.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Not to resurrect an older thread, but I just came across a review video on the 650 out of India and he has the Zana crash bars installed on his bike. In case anyone wanted a different look at them.
I myself decided on the T-Rex crash and luggage guards and they seem pretty decent.

Jazzbone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode