LED Hand guards for 2017 Versys 650 ABS LT - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

LED Hand guards for 2017 Versys 650 ABS LT

Hi All,

I have a 2017 Versys 650 ABS LT, I love this bike. So much fun. Way more fun than my Kawasaki Concours which was so heavy and hard to turn.

I am adding some new hand guards because the existing Kawasaki hand-guards do not have driving lights or turning lights and they are not very comprehensive in blocking the air from top and bottom but do look nice. So I' found these on Revzilla and they are coming.

I have purchased
Bark-buster STORM sku 1046548 hand guards and rails
Bark-buster Lights sku 1083064 white run lights
Bark-buster Lights sku 1083065 turn amber lights.

My question is this:

Has anyone installed these? Can you use the Bark-buster Aluminum rail that comes with 1046548 part so if I hit something my hands will be protected. I 'm worried that they won't fit with the rail due to the hydraulic brake reservoir? Does any know if they are a good fit? Revzilla said this is an exact part fit.

Is there a better product on the market with lights that blocks enough wind? Maybe I found the best one?

Thank you all for your help ahead of time.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1508.jpg (89.5 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by MarkAnthony; 11-01-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Grammer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:44 AM

Garage
Oh, but the Concours 1400 was AMAZING at what it was designed for. Transcontinental Touring at high speed!

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 10:36 AM

I dont currently have these installed but plan to add them this winter and have done a lot of reading on them. And have had Barkbuster Storm handguards for a while, the Storm does a very good job of deflecting the wind

The lights install on the barkbusters without any mods to the structure of the hand-guard, but if you fall the corner of the lights could get smashed I think. I think the aluminum piece you refer to is integral to the handguard and nothing would stay on if it were removed, so the hand protection isnt going to be compromised by adding the lights. Barkbuster would be pretty foolish if adding lights took away the initial function of the product.

On Twisted Throttle they sell inline resistors so that the turn signals flash at the proper rate with the rest of the turn signals, extra $20 but worth it for those not excited about wiring in the first place.

I am interested in seeing how bright these are, the running light and turn signal should be a great combo for visibility. Good luck with your install!

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltaddict33 View Post
I dont currently have these installed but plan to add them this winter and have done a lot of reading on them. And have had Barkbuster Storm handguards for a while, the Storm does a very good job of deflecting the wind

The lights install on the barkbusters without any mods to the structure of the hand-guard, but if you fall the corner of the lights could get smashed I think. I think the aluminum piece you refer to is integral to the handguard and nothing would stay on if it were removed, so the hand protection isnt going to be compromised by adding the lights. Barkbuster would be pretty foolish if adding lights took away the initial function of the product.

On Twisted Throttle they sell inline resistors so that the turn signals flash at the proper rate with the rest of the turn signals, extra $20 but worth it for those not excited about wiring in the first place.

I am interested in seeing how bright these are, the running light and turn signal should be a great combo for visibility. Good luck with your install!
If you are able to install the led bulbs and lack the knowledge to go the proper way, which involves one wire, well let me say, that is disappointing, for $3, and the greatest time spent on a 2015 650 ABS will be removing and installing the front plastic, my estimate of total time, about 20 minutes.
Seriously only one extra wire needed to ground.
Start at my post 57 and keep going, if there are questions, I will gladly answer them, using a resistor is like the brake on a kids GT snow racer, JMHO
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...t=wire+flasher

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gt+sn...R_NW8PWc3oV6M:
16VGTIDave likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 11-02-2018 at 01:16 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAnthony View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2017 Versys 650 ABS LT, I love this bike. So much fun. Way more fun than my Kawasaki Concours which was so heavy and hard to turn.

I am adding some new hand guards because the existing Kawasaki hand-guards do not have driving lights or turning lights and they are not very comprehensive in blocking the air from top and bottom but do look nice. So I' found these on Revzilla and they are coming.

I have purchased
Bark-buster STORM sku 1046548 hand guards and rails
Bark-buster Lights sku 1083064 white run lights
Bark-buster Lights sku 1083065 turn amber lights.

My question is this:

Has anyone installed these? Can you use the Bark-buster Aluminum rail that comes with 1046548 part so if I hit something my hands will be protected. I 'm worried that they won't fit with the rail due to the hydraulic brake reservoir? Does any know if they are a good fit? Revzilla said this is an exact part fit.

Is there a better product on the market with lights that blocks enough wind? Maybe I found the best one?

Thank you all for your help ahead of time.

Mark

I included the link in the above post, https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...t=wire+flasher
Total cost of the LED lighting C/w relays, shipping and flasher $30 , the philips were close to $20 at the time ( 2012 )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
led hand guards, storm hand guards, versys 650lt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode