Frame sliders or Frame guards - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Frame sliders or Frame guards

I am gravitating towards the frame sliders (particularly the ones from Puig) because they are easy to install, add no weight and supposedly provide good protection in an event of a drop/crash.

anyone have any experience with frame sliders? are they worth the money or shall I spent more and get the crash bars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Crash bars will protect the engine from damage if the bars extend to the lower areas. Upper crash bars may protect the plastics but not the engine case itself. If you're only on pavement you probably don't need to get full crash bars. For riding on trails where there could be uneven protrusions like rocks, I prefer to have the full crash bars. Crash bars will protect the engine from potential damage if hit by a vehicle or sliding into the curb, so they may still be useful for the street.

Note that the front turn signals will hit the ground in a tip over and crack the expensive plastic fairing. They stick out beyond the protection of the handle bars. Even with frame sliders or crash bars. I suggest replacing them with micro sized LED signals like those from R&G Racing. LEDs are brighter. You'll need a cheap load adapter that plugs into the original wiring harness and then plug the new signal into it. Cheap and as simple as it could be. You'll need an adapter plate to mount the signal, which R&G sells cheap or you can make your own out of a piece of plastic.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 04:24 PM

+1 crash bars. buy crash bars considering what engine components are sticking out and could be damaged. no wrecks, but a few fall overs and tip overs on my 2008. the hepco beckers did the trick, in combination with the other protruding "protective" points on the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode