Corbin seat for a 2015 or newer Versys 650 - comments - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Corbin seat for a 2015 or newer Versys 650 - comments

I'm considering the Corbin seat for my 2015 Versys. I have added up & back risers to get my bars positioned for a more upright riding position. I haven't lower my pegs as I'm fine with where they are and don't want to be scrapping them on curvy roads that I tend to ride more than anything else - mountains of NC, TN, Virginia, etc. I'm 5'11" 180 lbs 33" inseam. I don't want a seat with the big build up on the sides as much as these look super comfortable it would be harder to move side to side on super curvy roads. I tried the thin Sargent and sent it back as it did not eliminate the sliding forward issue same as the stock seat. As a result I'm reluctant to order the standard thickness Sargent seat. The Corbin just looks like it totally eliminates this sliding forward issue. Here is a link to the previous post I made on this same topic with some pics included. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-horrible.html
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/186-modifications-cosmetic-v-650/217217-stock-2015-versys-seat-horrible.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Garage
I went through 7 seats on my Versys 650 and the Corbin was the worst. The last 2 i bought were a Seat Concepts Seat a member sold on the forum here and a Terry Adcock Flat Seat ( www.terryscustomseat.com ) For the price they were the best choice for me. Also if they would have been more expensive they would have been worth it. I just ordered a Flat Seat for my Versys 1000 from Terry last month and should have it sometime this month

Terry's Flat Seat for Versys 650.....

IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:00 PM

Have you tried raising the front of any seat you use? It is really easy and makes quite a difference. Fast Eddie, that is your cue to tell him how. Otherwise do a search to find out how. That plus a new seat of most any kind should fix about 90% of the problems. Good Luck.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverooster View Post
...I tried the thin Sargent and sent it back as it did not eliminate the sliding forward issue same as the stock seat....The Corbin just looks like it totally eliminates this sliding forward issue....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Have you tried raising the front of any seat you use? It is really easy and makes quite a difference. Fast Eddie, that is your cue to tell him how. Otherwise do a search to find out how. That plus a new seat of most any kind should fix about 90% of the problems. Good Luck.
Thanks Chuck.

Dave - the 'sliding forward' issue has been w/ the V seats since their arrival here in the US for the 2008 model year, and had been dealt w/ by raising the front of the seat SINCE DAY 1 ON THIS FORUM (MY '08 has 79,042 MILES on it, of which [I'm SURE...!] about 78,500 were w/ the front raised, and I 'did' the seats on my '09 and '15 ASAP very shortly after taking delivery of them, too).

It takes a small piece of scrap steel w/ TWO holes drilled in it, 12 washers (1/4") and two longer 6mm bolts (I use 6mm x 45), which goes at the rear of your gas tank. Raises MY seats by 9/16", and I've ridden MANY 11 (or MORE!) hour days, w/ NO discomfort! Here're pics of WHAT and HOW:

For about TWO BUCKS - what do ya got to lose...? (sic)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 08-02-2018 at 03:34 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

That seat looks great - thanks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'm going to try that. I have also peeled back the seat cover and I'm taking out some of the foam as well
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions. Here's the update. The outcome is not pretty but my seat is now awesome and I can ride all day on it. I need to fix the seam and ultimately I need to redo this but now I know how to do it because of all the great folks on this forum sharing their ideas. See my pics for how I did this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat1.jpg (33.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg bracket.jpg (45.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg seat2.jpg (27.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg seat3.jpg (38.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg seat4.jpg (59.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg seat5.jpg (33.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg seat6.jpg (56.0 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode