My windscreen attempt? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My windscreen attempt?

As I said in the YDYDOYVT thread (what did you do.....) I tested out my new windscreen. Below is the pic.

Someone was nice enough to give me a stock windscreen for a (2013 I believe) Vstrom 650. The Strom screen had little "tubes" that I put some rubber grommets on to keep the windscreens from touching and scratching. I used rubber washers followed with small regular metal washers (found in one of my boxes. not idea of material) on the inside of the Versys windscreen to keep the nut from scratching as well. The nut is one of those that has plastic so it kind of "locks" itself. The screws themselves were 6mm X 30mm, but I think they could be 5mm shorter and be fine.

Unfortunately, I got one hole slightly off so the nut and washer touch the bracket so there's a new "buzz" to fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh ya. Forgot. The stock screen is upside down and in the highest position on the brackets. I tried to center the bottom holes for the Strom screen in between the top and bottom on the Versys screen.

The stock screen catches a little light from the headlight, but I didn't notice it riding in to work at night mostly due to Stitch blocking most of it, but I can only assume of the whole set up was mounted lower, it would get more "reflection" or glare from it.

Overall, it is a vast improvement over the stock screen. I tried to mimic the Givi/Stock screen idea I've seen posted else where on here. The wind now catches at the top of my helmet when I'm slouching like normal, but when I sit up, its still just fine and the air seems to keep flowing over just fine. Before it would sort of pulse at 70+ MPH, but not with any real rhythm. Hate to admit it, but I have pushed it to 96 mph with this screen set up and the bike didn't seen to notice it at all when I was passing someone on the way home from work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode