Windscreen hits and misses - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Alright, alright, alright....borrowed a Givi Airflow AF4105 because I just had to see it for myself. I just have one word to describe its performance: SPECTACULAR!
The wind protection is better than the Vstream and all others I've tested. Zero buffeting and I got less tired riding behind it than on the Vstream (at least for 220 miles). The Vstream is great but I still feel wind pressure on my arms and shoulders, not with the Givi Airflow. There are plenty ways to set it up since you have the base height adjustment and the top deflector adjustment separately. This way you can let more flow to come from underneath, from the top or compressed between the two layers so you can pick whatever works for you based on your height, riding position, helmet, wind conditions, etc...There are few adjustment combinations that will make the air flow literally whistle but with a little tweak you can get rid of that. Overall, I found the Vstream quieter but the Givi Airflow more comfortable to ride longer distances. If you wear earplugs, there will be no difference in noise level between both and my pick would go to the Givi Airflow. I was not sold by the looks of it when watching pictures, but when installed on the bike it doesn't look that bad at all. Also found that with the airflow the bike struggles to go after 95 mph.

...does anybody have a madstad to spare?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2760.jpg (54.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2757.jpg (46.0 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 10:13 AM

I just got this one.. MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Kawasaki Versys 650 '15, Versys 1000 '15 (Light Smoke Grey)... Buzzed it up and down the interstate and was pleased.. No buffeting but a bit more wind in the shoulder and arm... It was a bit pricey though
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 10:19 AM

Picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15287303368337935886950437826991_1528730354561.jpg (37.3 KB, 40 views)

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 10:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Chicago View Post
Alright, alright, alright....borrowed a Givi Airflow AF4105 because I just had to see it for myself. I just have one word to describe its performance: SPECTACULAR!
The wind protection is better than the Vstream and all others I've tested. Zero buffeting and I got less tired riding behind it than on the Vstream (at least for 220 miles). The Vstream is great but I still feel wind pressure on my arms and shoulders, not with the Givi Airflow. There are plenty ways to set it up since you have the base height adjustment and the top deflector adjustment separately. This way you can let more flow to come from underneath, from the top or compressed between the two layers so you can pick whatever works for you based on your height, riding position, helmet, wind conditions, etc...There are few adjustment combinations that will make the air flow literally whistle but with a little tweak you can get rid of that. Overall, I found the Vstream quieter but the Givi Airflow more comfortable to ride longer distances. If you wear earplugs, there will be no difference in noise level between both and my pick would go to the Givi Airflow. I was not sold by the looks of it when watching pictures, but when installed on the bike it doesn't look that bad at all. Also found that with the airflow the bike struggles to go after 95 mph.

...does anybody have a madstad to spare?
A little couch time may help with your windshield fedish
Jay_Chicago likes this.

Deep in Cajun Country
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:49 PM

I installed my N20120 Tall VStream today.

On the 2015 I needed 4x 92152-0092 collars and 4x 92161-1938 dampers to fit the slightly bigger holes of the 2017+. Everything else was re-used.

It's raining today so a test ride will have to wait. I mainly just want to keep the wind fully off my head at highway speeds while still having some air come around the sides as this is mostly for commuting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode