32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Chicago View Post
I'm 6'2" with 33" inseam.
You will need the tallest one-it's clear---the short dark tinted one is one inch taller than stock but a lot wider-I'm 5' 11" and with it up wind hits the very top of the helmet-works for me- the middle one is light tinted and is 2 1/2" taller than stock and is wider still than the short sport shield-with it up wind just goes over the top of my helmet-so that's why I think the tallest one would work the best for you-what I have found using either shield due to the wider top is if you get the helmet, shield combo right it can be dead silent-these shields are very high quality and very thick-hope this helps
Jay_Chicago likes this.

Deep in Cajun Country
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tall Touring Vstream on its way......I'll try it out first day once it arrives, clean it to perfection and return if it doesn't work ;-)
post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 05:26 PM

Garage
Took a 450 mile (round trip) ride last weekend, half in on and off pouring rain, the other half in nice weather. Did the whole ride with NO earplugs (definitely not my modus operandi). I listened to music through my communicator (Interphone F-4), and could hear it the whole time. I get just a touch of wind noise at the top of my helmet, regardless of windscreen height (seems like more a helmet issue than a windscreen issue). I couldn't be more pleased with the V-Stream, and I hope (and think) you will too.
Jay_Chicago likes this.

post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Just got the vstream on my front porch this morning! Wow....much better than the Givi for me. No buffeting at all and very little wind noise all the way from 10mph to 95mph. Actually, it gets better as you speed up. I rode 200 miles this afternoon and was completely comfortable behind that windscreen. I could listen to my songs without boosting the volume and talk to other mates using my Sena. I think it's going to be a keeper. Very pleased with its performance.
weljo2001, motorboy and StormRider like this.
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just got the vstream on my front porch this morning! Wow....much better than the Givi for me. No buffeting at all and very little wind noise all the way from 10mph to 95mph. Actually, it gets better as you speed up. I rode 200 miles this afternoon and was completely comfortable behind that windscreen. I could listen to my songs without boosting the volume and talk to other mates using my Sena. I think it's going to be a keeper. Very pleased with its performance.

See post #2 it could have saved you some time and trouble....
Jay_Chicago likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
See post #2 it could have saved you some time and trouble....
Yes Sir, but after reading many mixed reviews about all windscreens I had to check them all. I'm the 'trust but verify' type
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Got any photos of it on? I need something bigger but I still need to look sort of cool!...

2015 Versys 650
post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sternman318 View Post
Got any photos of it on? I need something bigger but I still need to look sort of cool!...
Not sure it has the best looks because it's slim and tall like a sail. At the same time that's why it works, smoothing air way over my helmet and shoulders.
It looks sturdier and less plasticy than Puig and Givi on the bike. I'll add more photos later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2741.jpg (47.6 KB, 70 views)
sternman318 likes this.
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 01:04 PM

Garage
On my Versys 1000....

P1010529 by weljo2001, on Flickr
StormRider and sternman318 like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 06:00 AM

Not the coolest looking, but if I can avoid all the buffeting it's worth it. Thank for the photos! If only I were like 2 inches shorter, this Puig would be perfect!

2015 Versys 650
post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

...and the quest continues: Yes, I'm satisfied with my Vstream but I have an used Givi Airflow on my way. Not a big fan of layered screen looks but I'll test it out over the weekend. Stay tuned for more!

• Givi D4114ST (check) + visor clip-on (check)
  • Puig Touring (check)
  • Vstream Tall (check)
  • Givi AirFlow (on its way...)
post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 11:41 AM

Garage
For those guys with a tall screen....Where does the top line of the screen fall in your field of vision? Are you looking completely over the screen, under the top line or is it right in the middle?
post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
For those guys with a tall screen....Where does the top line of the screen fall in your field of vision? Are you looking completely over the screen, under the top line or is it right in the middle?

I'm 6'2" with 32-33" inseam and have the Tall V-Stream. With it in the top position I'm looking over the top of the screen...

StormRider likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 01:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'm 6'2" with 32-33" inseam and have the Tall V-Stream. With it in the top position I'm looking over the top of the screen...
Thanks man. I'm 5'11 so should be ok with the adjustability. I'm a subscriber of your youtube channel too...lots of good vids.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 02:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks man. I'm 5'11 so should be ok with the adjustability. I'm a subscriber of your youtube channel too...lots of good vids.

Thanks, I normally just keep it in the low setting. Works great for in the city and canyons and decent on the freeways. If i do a lot of freeway and its windy then i raise it up...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Count me in as another satisfied VStream windshield owner. Love it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green hornet 2.jpg (39.3 KB, 45 views)
weljo2001 and Jay_Chicago like this.

Last edited by rudderpedals; 06-05-2018 at 06:49 PM.
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm looking completely over the screen, ALWAYS!
StormRider likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
high bu no higher than to allow to see the road when coming on top of a sharp hill.

this is why a clear windscreen is not that useful. tinted looks better and might minimize lensing effects that can burn the plastic.
motorboy and StormRider like this.
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ive seen a few tinted screens now. I wish I would have gone that way, but was afraid of how dark it would be and went clear. Happened to run into another V with the same shield as mine but tinted the other day. So Jealous!

Wonder twin powers activate!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys.jpg (73.9 KB, 41 views)
post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post
Ive seen a few tinted screens now. I wish I would have gone that way, but was afraid of how dark it would be and went clear. Happened to run into another V with the same shield as mine but tinted the other day. So Jealous!

Wonder twin powers activate!

Take the screen to an Auto Window Tint place and see what they can do for you...
Kyle E likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in