MadStad Adjustable Windshield Brackets Now available - w/Forum discount! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MadStad Adjustable Windshield Brackets Now available - w/Forum discount!

The MadStad Adjustable Windshield Mount is finally available for the Versys! V-Strom owners have been enjoying total windshield adjustability for years, and now it is your turn!

As a forum member I am offering a 15% discount to be one of the first to get this great mod. If you have never heard of the MadStad adjustable windshield system, just go to our home page www.madstad.com and watch the video showing how the brackets work.

The product details page is here:
http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.122/.f

When you placing your order go through the checkout process to the Review & Submit page, and look for a Coupon Code box at the bottom left. Enter the code: MADVERSYSINTRO (upper or lower case, it doesn’t matter) then click “Apply” to get a 15% discount! The page will refresh showing your new total at the bottom right. Click “Submit Order” to finish the process and you are done!

This introductory discount is only valid through the end of November, so don’t delay. I appreciate your support, and hope I can bring you a more comfortable and enjoyable ride on your Versys!

- MadStad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:48 AM

Done! Thanks a bunch my friend for all the efforts.

Happy Holidays,
Jim
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM

Looking forward to receiving it.

Thanks
Don

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
Ordered. Never can over farkle. Looking forward to trying it out.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM

I just finished testing one of Mark's brackets with a number of different windshields of varying heights and I can tell you all first hand that this feature is one that all bikes should come from the factory with. After getting off a showroom Concours 14, and seeing the electrically adjustable windshield, this is the next best thing since sliced bread. Living in New England, we are faced with adverse conditions from frigid cold to extremely hot, wet to dry and everything in between. The other day, I was riding to work, and I went through a foggy area and as you are probably aware, the screen fogged up immediately, rendering it useless. I was using the "XL" CalSci windshield. I was able to pull over, loosen the adjustment knobs, tilt the shield down and back, and look over it instead of through it....which took all of about 15 seconds.....Had it not been for this feature, I would've been faced with looking around the shield {not good} to waiting for the temps to change. I expect to see similar results for rain riding as well. During that ride, I also had the chance to test many different positions {which happen to be infinite within the design parameters}, so I could "fine tune" the shield position not only for me and my height but based on where I sat! You can virtually eliminate or at least minimize buffeting and turbulence as well as the noise. Testing with the other shields produced similar results, but my favorite hands down was the CalSci. Kudos to Mark for a fine product! Now all I need is my heated Oxford grips, Femsa tank panniers and I will be able to ride longer in the Fall and earlier in the Spring.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Just ordered mine. Looking forward to mounting it and extending my riding a bit more. Especially considering it looks like a blizzard here in Ann Arbor, MI.
BTW...the final cost after discount + shipping to MI, is $109.98. What a deal!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 PM

so, it's says
"Any windshield made for the Versys will fit these brackets. The stock windshield is too small to be effective so a larger shield will give much better results. You can also use any windshield made for the Suzuki V-Strom as these are the same brackets used on that bike."
all I have is the stock windshield upside down, I know there has been a lot of discussion on windshields but what is an inexpensive "good looking" windshield? also if it fits all the vstroms is it legal to go on one of their forms looking for one?

08 Versys 32+k and counting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to OHVerrider
Just ordered mine as the vario windshield is still too low. Although now, I wish I had not shaved an inch off the bottom when I modified its standard mounting position. I hope this will work.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf38 View Post
so, it's says
"Any windshield made for the Versys will fit these brackets. The stock windshield is too small to be effective so a larger shield will give much better results. You can also use any windshield made for the Suzuki V-Strom as these are the same brackets used on that bike."
all I have is the stock windshield upside down, I know there has been a lot of discussion on windshields but what is an inexpensive "good looking" windshield? also if it fits all the vstroms is it legal to go on one of their forms looking for one?
Try "California Scientific" AKA "CalSci". I believe the price of their shields is about $150.00...one of the best looking windshields {and functioning} IMO......the web-page has pics of the meduim shield and the XL.......
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 PM

I have the Givi shield.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to joshmedley
I have the Parabellum and the Givi....The parabellum is a bit large for the rain as it's 23 inches tall....but for cold weather it'll rock your socks off with it's 19 inch width....so let me know how it works with the GIVI....by the way...addy for the parabellum is www.parabellum.com
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 04:12 AM

MadStad - Looked at the vid on the home page....blown away! Just placed an order

Have the Givi and am hoping this will be the cure for the buffeting and noise that I'm facing!
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
I put mine on today. Great product. I recieved mine before Mark had the instructions ready. No problems at all. The base has two sets of holes. The outer for the V-strom windshield and the inner for the Versys. Also I noticed the brackets also have a alternative hole. I move mine to the back hole to give a more Vertical starting mounting of the Windshield. I use the Large Cal-Sci windshield. Great setup Big Thanks to Madstad.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:37 PM

Mine is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait

Mike
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM

One question. The website says the brackets have 3" of hieght adjustment. How does that match up with the standard brackets? Does it allow the windshield to be set higher than the stock? If so, how much? (Alright, that was three questions. I lied).

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 PM

I just finished installing the Madstad Adjustable mount and mounted my GIVI windshield to it. When I mounted the windshield I thought that it looked like the cross brace was a little too flexible. When I rode it I knew it was too flexible and it allowed the wind to wobble the windshield almost 1 1/2" front to back in the wind at 35 mph. I didn't want to take it any faster until I talked to Mark at Madstad so I called him.

He was very cordial and said that he had a few people call about this problem and he had two solutions. One was a thicker "stiffening bar" which would mount on top of the cross member and reinforce it. Second, he had redesigned the mount with thicker gage of metal for more rigidity but it wouldn't be available until after the holidays. He said he would be happy to send me either one so I chose the "stiffening bar" as he had that on hand.

I think that overall it is a fine product, well engineered and manufactured. I am more than satisfied with the response I received from Mark and just wanted to let others on this board know that a fix for this problem is being implemented.

An unexpected pleasure was that the GIVI windshield has no problem hitting the Acerbis Hand Guards. Now I have about 1/2" of clearance lock to lock.

Good work Mark, and thanks

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 05-26-2010 at 05:13 PM.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Mark,

Please put me down for a redesigned "beefier" mount plate when available. I'll be using a GIVI screen with this new system. As Dallas-Don stated these will be available to customers who purchased the first round of units.

I'm in no hurry as Ohio weather has turned COLD. Just don't forget me if you would be so kind!

Thanks,
Jim "MackDaddy" Mackenzie
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 01:24 PM

I too installed my adjustable mount and noticed it is a bit wobbly. I spoke to Mark at MadStad today, and he was very nice and most accomodating. He is already making a reinforcing plate that looks like it will do the trick, and he says he is going to ship this to all who have purchased the Versys adjustable mount. Good stuff.

I have been playing with my adjustable mount in the mean time. Incredible range. A very cool device. A down side for me is that it moves the base of the windshield significantly forward. I seem to be gettting more airflow in front of my body as the air "closes in" further forward on the bike than with the stock mount (of the large CalSci shield). Not sure how I like this. But there is so much adjustment, it may be that I have not found the right position yet. And I have the wonderful Corbin seat, so I sit a bit further back. -- Hank
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
Mark,

Please put me down for a redesigned "beefier" mount plate when available. I'll be using a GIVI screen with this new system. As Dallas-Don stated these will be available to customers who purchased the first round of units.

I'm in no hurry as Ohio weather has turned COLD. Just don't forget me if you would be so kind!

Thanks,
Jim "MackDaddy" Mackenzie
Hi Jim,

The new "stiffness plate" for my Versys mount makes a dramatic reduction in the flexing of the base mounting plate making it much more solid. I've already tested it and am in the process of making a batch, so anyone that orders my Versys mount will get this improvement.

A thicker aluminum mounting plate is doable but I'm not so sure that will solve the problem by itself. Thicker aluminum is more likely to develop cracks when bent sharply, and I don't want to try to solve one problem by creating another! I may still need to include a stiffness plate regardless. I'll test this out in the coming weeks, so if you are in no hurry then that's fine. I'll let you know how it works out.

- MadStad
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:56 PM

Thanks Marcus. I'm in no hurry what so ever my friend. Come up with the best solution, and send me whatever you decide is best.

Happy Thanksgiving brother,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode