Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - Page 5 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 08:09 AM

My son ordered lowering blocks for my 2011V on Dec 20 (standard shipping). They were under the tree on Christmas!

Got them installed (I added a spacer to the peg bolt). Fit and finish is great, downloaded the instructions and it was a pretty simple install.

Now if it will only warm up a bit I can get out for a test ride!

My experience with Motowerk has been great!!

JoH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thread is Open

Photos of installs, other methods and sources C/W links are always welcome, if you are posting costs, please keep in mind that shipping plays a very large part in costs, make sure you define this. If you are having problems with a supplier or in installing, always check with the supplier first, many times treating people with respect and honesty, pays large dividends, I know, I lost the lower part of my kickstand once and it was replaced at no cost to me, at the time I was upset, I welded something up temporarily, but it was Speedily replaced.
Fastoman likes this.
post #83 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:33 PM

Garage
Special thanks to Kate from Moto Werk for fielding several of my calls after an automation or computer glitch refused to align my shipping address and billing address. I dropped cash off, and had my brother who lives close, order the peg lowering blocks and rear brake adjuster and they were well worth the wait, thanks again for the outstanding customer service!
onewizard, DaveC and weljo2001 like this.

A Degree and a DD-214.

Last edited by Nonsequitur; 01-24-2019 at 09:37 PM.

post #84 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:20 PM

I did the full lowering kit from Motowerk and was pleased with the product and service. I had questions about whether I needed the brake lowering nut and my phone call was answered directly. Kate was very helpful. They know the Versys and I believe Mr. and Mrs. Speedy ride them.
quexpress and Buffalo_Bob like this.
post #85 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
I did the full lowering kit from Motowerk and was pleased with the product and service. I had questions about whether I needed the brake lowering nut and my phone call was answered directly. Kate was very helpful. They know the Versys and I believe Mr. and Mrs. Speedy ride them.

Yes, Speedy has a V-650 and Lady Speedy has a V-300
Fastoman and Nonsequitur like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #86 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Did you need the brake adjuster ? I have a 16 Versys and am wondering if I need it. Thanks
post #87 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch1581 View Post
Did you need the brake adjuster ? I have a 16 Versys and am wondering if I need it. Thanks
Yes for the '15 V650.
post #88 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch1581 View Post
If you lower the foot peg there isnt enough adjustment in the OEM brake foot lever to restore the same relationship between the two. But some people like a higher foot lever, depends on your preference . I tried it without and decided I wanted it lower so ended up ordering it after.
quexpress likes this.
post #89 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
If you lower the foot peg there isnt enough adjustment in the OEM brake foot lever to restore the same relationship between the two. But some people like a higher foot lever, depends on your preference . I tried it without and decided I wanted it lower so ended up ordering it after.
I ordered the adapter which I still have as I was concerned about making sure that there was sufficient free-play as well. I'm one of those people who actually like the higher brake pedal and feel that I have better leverage and feel.
jaaklucas likes this.
post #90 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
I ordered the adapter which I still have as I was concerned about making sure that there was sufficient free-play as well. I'm one of those people who actually like the higher brake pedal and feel that I have better leverage and feel.
Same. I just installed these last week on my new-to-me 2011. I ordered the blocks with the brake adjustment nut but did not install the nut as it started raining on me when I got to the right side and it seemed ok with the lowest stock adjustment setting. I've been riding for a few days now and I don't feel like the pedal is too high, though I think I could live with it being a tad lower. I may get around to installing the nut eventually just to give me some adjustment options, but I have other bike projects I want to do first.

Overall, I love the lowering blocks, though. I'm 6'3" and my knees were a bit too high up on the tank without them. Now, I can "grab" the textured plastic better with my thighs and the more relaxed knee bend is much easier on my calves, which were burning after long rides (granted, I'm also just not used to the new bike sitting position).
quexpress likes this.

Last edited by leftbrain99; 02-11-2019 at 01:36 PM.
post #91 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:07 PM

Garage
If you have access to a milling machine and some aluminum bar stock those peg lowering devices are pretty easy to make. The. Right, and Left are a mirror image, not identical. Mine were basically free, with about 2 hours labor. They work perfectly

Randy
16VGTIDave likes this.

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode