V35 Lights from www.admorelighting.com - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
V35 Lights from www.admorelighting.com

I got my lights for the V35 cases. The installation was pretty easy. The instuctions are missing a couple of details but all of the important stuff is there. They provide nice connectors and a well made harness. They provide running, turn and brake lights. You will want to pickup some shrink tube before you start so that you can cover the short section of wire that isn't contained in the provided tubing. I soldered the wires because I hate crimp connectors.

Unfortunately lights don't photograph very well.

http://www.admorelighting.com/index.....php&subpage=9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3433s.jpg (81.9 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3435s.jpg (41.2 KB, 429 views)

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Very nice Steve. I've been considering this upgrade as well. If you don't mind I'd like to see how you did the wiring when we meet up on Saturday.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I need to get some black shrink tube (all I had was blue), a little more wire and something to attach the wires to the inside of the cases. I might just get some black duct tape so the wires can't get caugt on anything. I will add some pictures of the connectors that go through the case tomorrow.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Here are some pictures of the wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3436s.jpg (210.1 KB, 629 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3438s.jpg (300.8 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3440s.jpg (258.5 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3441s.jpg (291.9 KB, 511 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3442s.jpg (383.9 KB, 317 views)

Steve

Now I have four!

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 AM

Nice - I've been looking at those. How hard is it to connect and reconnect the power cable and do the power cables just flop around when the cases are off?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Nice - I've been looking at those. How hard is it to connect and reconnect the power cable and do the power cables just flop around when the cases are off?
Look at this picture http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...9&d=1225668990 you just turn the little collar on the connector and they come right off. The cables that come off of the harness aren't real long and I was able to just use a black tie wrap to secure them to the frame. The wire is rigid enough that they don't really flop and the free end isn't really long enough to catch on anything.

I really like the tap connectors that they send with the kit. I am going to remove all of the scotch lock connectors and add my other lights to these connectors to clean up the wiring under the seat. I have also added another LED brake light to the back of the top case rack and the E52 LED brake light kit since the rack hides the brake light from anyone in a tall vehicle.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
Thanx for the photo's, Did you use duct tape on the interior of the case ? Is there any other securing options for the case interior ??
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Not that I saw. The E52 that I have has a channel for the wiring.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 AM

Howdy,

I just finished putting in the wiring into the saddlebags (thanks a lot for your pictures) and I'm curious - how did you run the wiring from the bike to the bags? Did you drill any holes, ? Would you mind posting a couple more pics to help a very challenged "mechanic" (I ride them I don't wrench them).

Thanks

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Are you talking about from under the seat to where I attached them to the racks? if that is it, I used the very tight opening down either side of the tail. I will try to get some pictures tonight.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 PM

That's exactly the area I was needing to see - did you drill holes at all? I'm waiting for word from Kawasaki to see if I'm going to void any warranty by doing the wiring myself.

Thanks in advance for your help on this
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

The only holes were the ones in the cases for the connectors. There is plenty of room to run the wires around the sides of the tail...not much room for your fingers though. As for the wiring, you should have gotten screw on taps with the kit and all they do it punch a very small hole in the wiring insulation to provide the connection needed. They will not damage the wiring.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 PM

That kit costs $135 for intl customers... pretty expensive for the BOM...

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

The pictures I took last night didn't turn out too well, but the first two show how I routed the wires. The third one is where it comes out under the tail. It is pretty easy to get them through that opening, but it is a little easier if you take the red plastic pieces off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1714s.jpg (357.0 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1718s.jpg (355.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1736s.jpg (245.7 KB, 181 views)

Steve

Now I have four!

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the pictures - I'll keep plugging away at it.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokto7 View Post
That kit costs $135 for intl customers... pretty expensive for the BOM...
The LED ribbon is fairly cheap but the wiring harness that AddMore builds is top notch and makes the kit more than worth it. I put one of their kits in my topcase on my ST1300. I used the kit for the V35s but added more LED ribbon to make it even brighter. I cannot view it at work but I think this is the link to my setup.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARIuHkNSWM

ST1300, Versys, SV650S

Last edited by gti20vturbo; 03-25-2009 at 10:32 AM.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Did you get the extra LED strips from them? How did you add them?

Steve

Now I have four!

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:09 PM

This is one place to get them. You just solder wires from one side of the existing ones to the new ones. There is a + side and a - side.

http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-strip

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 PM

If you decide to remove the cases is it easy to remove the wiring connection and reconnect at will ?
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Yes. Just twist the connector and it will come right off.

Steve

Now I have four!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode