**MISTAKE!!** Just ordered Givi V35 Red Trim Panels to Match My 08' - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can a moderator please nuke this thread?

Life is short, a midget told me that.

Last edited by Choppastyle; 05-12-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: To get Thread removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
thats not Maroon.....It looks like the 08 red to me..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 AM

Garage
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebony-Saddle...#ht_816wt_1165

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Last edited by Choppastyle; 05-11-2012 at 11:07 AM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 AM

Garage
Why do you need to get the black ones? Just paint the ones you have red. I am currently repainting my V35 pannels red now. Not that hard to do.

I dont have pics of the process yet, but I will have one after completing the process soon.

But here is my V now.

I am repainting the panels because I didnt do the greatest job on the clear coat, and I have done some light chips on the panels. Plus I just got laid off, and have the time...

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 AM

No worries, a nice color matching paint job would be great.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Last edited by Choppastyle; 05-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppastyle View Post
What does it usually run for something like that?
The first time I did them I think it cost me between $10-15. Its not to hard to do. I used Krylon Fusion in "red pepper". It is a fun project, no need to pay somebody.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I agree they look red, NOT maroon.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
The first time I did them I think it cost me between $10-15. Its not to hard to do. I used Krylon Fusion in "red pepper". It is a fun project, no need to pay somebody.
I went to get another can of the Fusion Krylon today, but HomeDepot no longer carries it. So I got Rustoleum, That said it was good for plastics. I believe the name is Cherry Red. So far it looks pretty good as Im painting.

08' Versys
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM

I would try to talk them out of the restocking fee. To your credit the photo shows red, not maroon, and the description simply says "red."

Quote:
Ordered a pair of Red Trim panels to go on my OEM Versys Saddlebags from:

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/kawasaki...over-sets.aspx

Color looked right on the site (site shows Red, Green, Blue and Black - NOT Maroon). Got the package today and they are Maroon. Now I have to return them and order black ones since Red isn't available. 20% restocking fee! Damn!!!

Just so I don't feel crazy.....can some of you please tell me that the listing looks like the 08' Passion Red and not the 2011 Metallic Imperial Red (basically maroon or maroon/brown)? It'll ease my mind.

Just venting I guess...............

Choppastyle
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Last edited by Choppastyle; 05-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Garage
Thats sucks. You should e-mail them the link to this thread.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thats sucks. You should e-mail them the link to this thread.
You should. I looked the other day and they definately changed the website since then, it did show red, blue, green, and black the other day when you posted this thread. Just tell them not to worry about it, you will let every online motorcycle forum you know about of their terrible service and switching their website after they made a mistake.

Landon
09 Verseys
06 KLX250s
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
You should. I looked the other day and they definately changed the website since then, it did show red, blue, green, and black the other day when you posted this thread. Just tell them not to worry about it, you will let every online motorcycle forum you know about of their terrible service and switching their website after they made a mistake.
+1. Do it by phone though. And demand to speak to the manager. Do not just send it back to that email address as they will not forward it to their manager.

08' Versys
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 AM

As I understand, Passion Red was a US-only color for the Versys and for only one year, 2008. Kawasaki never provided color matched panels for its OEM bags (a.k.a., Givi V35) in Passion Red. Not that this makes your situation with Parker any better.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
So I just heard back from Parker Yamaha. Here is their response:

"As it states on our site (nowhere does it state that) - the pictures do not clearly show everything. You
asked for a red and the one you ordered was a Metallic Imperial Red. No
where did you specifically say you wanted Passion Red.
We normally charge a 20% restocking fee because that is what Kawa is
charging us to return it (plus our shipping cost) It is also up to you to
pay for shipping both ways.
I spoke to my manager and we will lower the restocking fee to 10% and ship
your new one out for free. It will be up to you to send it back any way you
choose (although I do suggest some type of delivery confirmation)
I will be out of the office tomorrow, so I will contact you on Monday."

So I went back on the site to verify that and they THEY CHANGED IT!!! They correctly input the color names instead of just green, red, blue, black. Also, they removed the picture showing all 4 trim sets in color. Now it is just black. That right there lets me know they made a mistake! I will be talking to management tomorrow.

***For those of you who actually went on the site and looked at it, you can clearly see that it was changed in the last hour.***

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/kawasaki...over-sets.aspx

What a bunch of sleezy jerks. I won't be ordering my new set from them.

Thank you,

Choppastyle

I don't see the change as a sleezy move designed to cover their tracks. It well could have been that they made the change to prevent it from happening again. That's what I would have done if it were my business. Discuss the situation politely with the owner or manager. At least they helped a little bit!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Good News !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
+1. Do it by phone though. And demand to speak to the manager. Do not just send it back to that email address as they will not forward it to their manager.
I sent another email yesterday after the shop closed. To my suprise the manager (Dave) responded at 9pm PST (guess he was burning the midnight oil). He explained that he was not trying to cover anything up and that he was just trying to prevent the problem from happening again (which makes sense to me). He agreed to pay for shipping and issue a full refund. Very nice guy. I am happy now.

Thank you,

Choppastyle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode