Great Camera Mount - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Great Camera Mount

This is for my second camera thats shoots while i'm riding. The camera doing the video is mounted at the front fork

After using a suction mount to mount a camera to my windscreen last weekend and having the suction cup let go after hitting a large pot hole. Good thing i had a safety harness attached. I fiquered there has to be a better way so heres what i came up with using this...http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-mot...am-b-367u.html

Just mounted the camera quick to take some photos so its not lined up like i would have it

IMG_1323 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1324 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1320 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1321 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1322 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM

camera mount

cool, it reminds me of this:

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razteo View Post
cool, it reminds me of this:

HAH!! I knew it was a camera and not a refueling probe!

I'll bet that fooled the Soviets.

And that is one mean looking aircraft.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM

So weljo2001,

is that basically a ram ball that you drilled a hole in the screen and attached the nut on the other side of the position you would use if you moved the screen to a diff position?

That looks pretty cool, and most importantly it looks like it might be vibration free? very solid. It's always difficult finding vibration free mounting points...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Cool mount. Must give a nicer vantage point than down on the fender.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
HAH!! I knew it was a camera and not a refueling probe!

I'll bet that fooled the Soviets.

And that is one mean looking aircraft.
The next logical farkle costs 39.6mil dollars, but how cool would it be not to pull over??

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItLies View Post
So weljo2001,

is that basically a ram ball that you drilled a hole in the screen and attached the nut on the other side of the position you would use if you moved the screen to a diff position?

That looks pretty cool, and most importantly it looks like it might be vibration free? very solid. It's always difficult finding vibration free mounting points...

Yep its attached at the last hole on the windscreen mounting brackets. But for video i know this spot is vibration free http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7627025716260/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep its attached at the last hole on the windscreen mounting brackets. But for video i know this spot is vibration free http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7627025716260/
wow, great ideas there. will be looking into those 2 spots. I always prefer the vid when it's attached to the bike vs the helmet etc.

thanks
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
So weljo2001,

Used 1 washer between the ball and windscreen and 2 smaller washers with the nut on the back

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
wow, great ideas there. will be looking into those 2 spots. I always prefer the vid when it's attached to the bike vs the helmet etc.

thanks

Heres my videos so you can see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/user/weljo2001?feature=mhee

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Heres my videos so you can see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/user/weljo2001?feature=mhee
wow, very stable. My connection is slow but watched most of the first one, can't see any vibration at all

will definitely get mine hooked up in that spot also. Thanks!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
wow, very stable. My connection is slow but watched most of the first one, can't see any vibration at all

will definitely get mine hooked up in that spot also. Thanks!

Yea i tried at least 4 other mounts and the one mounted to the fork worked best and its out of the way. Just ran a 12V outlet just below the headlight to be able to plug that camera in. The camera mounted to the windscreen will be plugged into the 12V outlet on the dash

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's the final set-up and a few of the over 1200 photos from the camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7629984846299/

IMG_1325 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1326 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I been using the Pedco Ultra clamp...I can put it just about anywhere on my bike and holds really well and its only runs about $23... here is a link to my video review.

http://youtu.be/_TMj8lN0xsU

" I don't care about shinny chrome or loud exhaust, I don't ride to be seen, I ride because I want to disappear"

Halfthrottle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode