A few basics first - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A few basics first

Got around doing a few cosmetic things before I plate the bike for the spring. Plates on my VFR just expired so it's time to plate the Versys, can't wait!

A couple of nights ago I Dekawasakied the bike, left the Versys part. Let people wonder.
Before:

After:

Flipped the screen, I like the sportier look, we will see how it is wind-wise.

And got a set of Barkbusters(VPS) from a friend of mine. I really like the way how they visually close the gap between the dash and the handlebars. The gap which is there because of the pullback Versys has. I installed them with the little spoilers too. Might take that part off for the summer, we will see.

Cockpit view:

I love what the combo of the windshield and the barkbusters did for the look of the bike. Definitely looks more muscular!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM

Love the VW. I have a 76 fuel injected 2 liter myself. Very fun ride almost as fun as the Versys.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter84 View Post
Love the VW. I have a 76 fuel injected 2 liter myself. Very fun ride almost as fun as the Versys.
Ha! I wondered if the bus will get commented on, and sure, the first comment!
Yes, I love that thing. My friend and I(he lives in the same
building) quite often come down and have drinks in there when the girls are not up to socializing. Lol
It's a '69 Riviera.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM

The bike looks good too, but it's no "clubhouse"!
You can get matching fasteners to replace the Hexes that carried reflectors, cleans up the fender.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
The bike looks good too, but it's no "clubhouse"!
You can get matching fasteners to replace the Hexes that carried reflectors, cleans up the fender.
I've been wondering about that. I just took them off the same time I debadged it. But that front spacer looks like it could be a good mounting point for some driving lights?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 07:39 AM

Here is mine.

Some days I wish I had the earlier carbed 1600 but the power of the 2000cc is nice even though parts are harder to get and more expensive.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batan View Post
Got around doing a few cosmetic things before I plate the bike for the spring. Plates on my VFR just expired so it's time to plate the Versys, can't wait!

A couple of nights ago I Dekawasakied the bike, left the Versys part. Let people wonder.
Before:

After:

Flipped the screen, I like the sportier look, we will see how it is wind-wise.

And got a set of Barkbusters(VPS) from a friend of mine. I really like the way how they visually close the gap between the dash and the handlebars. The gap which is there because of the pullback Versys has. I installed them with the little spoilers too. Might take that part off for the summer, we will see.

Cockpit view:

I love what the combo of the windshield and the barkbusters did for the look of the bike. Definitely looks more muscular!

Any thoughts about swapping out the mirrors to a sportier type? The stock mirror stood out like a sore thumb against your current setups, imho.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter84 View Post
Here is mine.

Some days I wish I had the earlier carbed 1600 but the power of the 2000cc is nice even though parts are harder to get and more expensive.
That is CLEAN! I went for the earlier Bus because of the fact that I do like the looks better and the fact that T1 motors are so easy in every way. But, like you, I too sometimes wish I had gone for the T4 powered one with adequate power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
Any thoughts about swapping out the mirrors to a sportier type? The stock mirror stood out like a sore thumb against your current setups, imho.
I don't think they clash that bad, but yes, the thought did occur to me. Actually, I thought of barend mirrors, depending on the practicality of them. The ones that bolt around the bar end. If they can be as good for actual use, I'd go for it to clean up the looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode