wrecked bike :-( - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
wrecked bike :-(

hey guys, worst day ever sunday, i wrecked my bike. i layed it down on the left side and trashed that whole side. i was gonna claim it on my insurance but my deductible is $1000 and adding up all the parts roughly come up to about $1000 or a little more so im just gonna pay for it out of my pocket so my insurance doesnt go up. my question is, does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy oem parts is i would truely appreciate it thanks. btw it a 2011 versys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 PM

I've had good luck at partshark dot com. (NOT PARTSSHARK, but PARTSHARK) Better pricing than BikeBandit.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 PM

That sucks. Glad you weren't injured, though. Even a Versys can be replaced (Unlike a steadymobbin...) I know bikebandit and cheapcycleparts carry some of it. Not sure how they stack up price-wise, though.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
I've had good luck at partshark dot com. (NOT PARTSSHARK, but PARTSHARK) Better pricing than BikeBandit.
I agree. Part Shark is the least expensive of all the suppliers I've researched. Depending on what you need, shipping might take a few days longer but they're still the cheapest around, and you can check their prices on their web site for every specific part you might need.

Good luck!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 04:12 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
I agree. Part Shark is the least expensive of all the suppliers I've researched. Depending on what you need, shipping might take a few days longer but they're still the cheapest around, and you can check their prices on their web site for every specific part you might need.

Good luck!
+1 Sorry about your down bike. If you ever feel you can tell the story I believe it would help all of us to keep aware of certain things. Hope you made it through without injury!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I"d feel bad about damaging another bike, but my wife and kids would feel worse if I damaged me again. Try to keep things in perspective and think about what you'll learn now that you're forced to wrench.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 AM

I have gotten good prices from RonAyers.com. Watch the shipping on some of the cheap part sites. Most of the sites selling OEM parts have to order them once you place your order, so it will take them three or four days to get the parts to ship to you and then the three or four days shipping them to you. I have had good luck with eBay, but it is hit or miss for finding what you need.

Sorry to hear you went down and rashed you bike up.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 PM

I am sorry to hear about the wreck. Not so sure where is the best place to shop for parts but Ronnayers seem to have decent pricing. Only thing is that they didn't respond to my email to ship to Malaysia.

Install a crash guard this time, if you hadn't already.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 AM

No big deal, get back on that horse and ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode