Black and Silver body panels??? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Black and Silver body panels???

I hate that the USA doesn't get the Silver or Black colors that the Brits get. I was thinking about buying either silver or black body panels and replacing the ones on a Passion Red Versys. Has anyone done this? Do you think it would be difficult to swap body panels? Any info would be of great help!

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:37 AM

The only thing that would be difficult is the fuel tank, IMHO. The rest should just unbolt like a normal set of plastics.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 AM

We were looking at that the other day and I think the cost would be between $500 and $700 if you can get the parts shipped anywhere other than the market that they are intended for. We thought the gas tank would be more expensive.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 AM

I bet you could find someone in Europe or Canada that would trade. I'm sure there are folks in those places that lust after the Passion Red as much as some folks do for the colors they have.

I've done that on some other bikes with various parts. It's a pretty good way to go when folks want to try different windscreens and such as well.

Good luck with it.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 AM

I never thought about that, but it is a great idea!!!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

I still can't figure out how much the parts would add up to. I just found out, you have replace the tank too. That will be a major expense. I would really like a Silver Versys, but having the parts (if you can still find them) shipped from the UK would be expensive I would imagine. I am waiting for a Canadian dealer to get back to me about the Black body panels.

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM

well I priced out the right side front faring for my bike after I scraped it .. it was around 280 canadian ..

Working to make it my Streetfighter
V
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 PM

You could just get your panels and tank painted.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Well, this may end the thread. From what I am being told, all parts to change to BLACK would be around $1300. The tank alone is $600. So......maybe I'll keep my Multistrada 620 after all. However, if you go to the Kawasaki Canada website, you will see that there is a gray/silver color available. Maybe we'll get that next year? Problem is, it has the black trim panels (I wanted silver), and the wheels are black (I wanted silver!).

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 PM

Painting is much cheaper and will yield as good as or better results than a factory paint job. Having painted many cars, I could tell you that a professional would charge about $300-500 to paint your body panels and tank if they were off the bike, which takes about 15 minutes to accomplish.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:47 AM

The Canadian dollar has just dropped significantly against the US. You may want to reprice the cost of buying in Canada. Yesterday's close was around .80 USD.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 06:18 PM

I agree with the painting option. The color I have thought about on my V. is not available anywhere, and would necessitate painting the frame, wheels, and other silver bits black... Painting the body and tank I can do myself and do well, the wheels and such, not so much... I imagine that would set me back a few hundred, but the stock colors have really grown on me too...
Aus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode