How is Corbin seat for passenger? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
ABR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How is Corbin seat for passenger?

Hi,

I've been pretty much OK w/the stock seat but my wife has been complaining about the rear for any ride over an hour. Looking at the thing, I can't say I blame her. I know folks have said the rear of the Corbin is small as well, but in the pictures at least it looks at least no smaller than stock and thicker in the padding. Does this help? Anyone out there w/a Corbin have feedback from their passenger to report?

(2011 Versys)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 PM

My wife is interested in the Corbin for the little backrest. I'm considering heading down for their ride in program as I would like a bit more height. Hopefully you'll get some feedback on this seat.

CJ
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 06:59 AM

Girlfriend refuses to get on the back of my bike so I can't give you her input sorry. The seat is roughly the same size but definitely thicker on the padding for the rear portion. I've sat on my own passenger seat with the kickstand down and it feels good. I can tell you that the leather feels slippery in comparison to the stock vinyl seat. The rider position actually has less padding but it brings the seat height down allowing better footing. It's not uncomfortable though. It feels more molded and I think there is some truth to their while shpiel about denser foam being more comfortable for long distance.

I have the canyon seat but opted out for the backrest because at the time I had a top case that looked like it was going to have interference issues with.

For Comparison:

Last edited by Norrick; 02-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM

I have a Corbin seat with the back rest and my wife loved it for short rides. The ability to put a back rest helped sell her on the seat. However, the longer rides of 100 + gave her trouble and she wanted to have a seat that was wider then the passenger seat. So, I picked up a "Butty Buddy" and she was very happy with that. Kind of embarrassing to say that I got one for the wife. The name inevitably leads to further explanations of the product. Further, I would encourage you to get the spelling right if you are doing a Google search to find the manufacturer.

Here is a link to the site-http://www.buttybuddy.com/
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 04:49 PM

The passenger area on my corbins is 9 inches long and 10 inches wide. The wife loves the back rest but hates the seat. She's a small lady,weigh is 115.She says that it's just to cramped.Hope it helps. Ride Safe.

Last edited by bultaco; 02-15-2012 at 04:52 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
ABR

Butty buddy!! Good to see American ingenuity and manufacturing know-how is still alive, despite all the eulogies!

So how does it work with the grab rails -- do you have to take them off, or does it cover them up? And how firmly does it stay attached under "spirited" cornering and acceleration? Do you think it will attach OK to the (super-thin) stock seat?

(2011 Versys)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM

I like mine. My son likes the backrest and the added padding the stocker doesn't have. Not that he needs it at 9yo and a whopping 55lbs, but likes it nonetheless. I haven't taken mine on any REALLY long rides yet, but I do like it better than the stocker.

2011 ZSX 1000
Red / ebony
Bag Connection AERO saddlebags
Garmin Nuvi 550 rammed
Kuso heated grips
ZG touring windscreen / CalSci Tall
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 PM

Corbins are too hard to me. I like Sargent.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Lee

My wife loves our Corbin with the backrest, for about 100 miles or so....then it's time for a break. Sure is an expensive upgrade though, 700 bucks.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM

My wife typically grabs the Givi V35 case handles and not the bike handles. The Butty Buddy is pretty wide, but I think you could still get your hands on them. I only put it on when the wife rides.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 PM

The number of miles my girlfriend could comfortably ride on my Corbin seat doubled when we added Airhawk seat cushions. A much cheaper solution than a new Corbin, IMO. She has ridden plenty of miles both with and without the Airhawks, (the longest ride without the Airhawks was 5000 miles, and the longest ride with the airhawks she's made is about 7k miles), and much prefers using the Airhawks.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode