Motowerk Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Motowerk Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks

Hi All-

Just ordered a set of Motowerk's lowering blocks. Wondering if anyone here that has them has any feedback on them. Specifically I'm wondering how they affect one's ability to shift and brake/change the angle of the foot in realtion to shifter and brake. And mainly- besides giving the extra leg stretch are they comfortable to ride with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 AM

They are a great improvement and very well made, a lot of people use them. For me they made the brake lever feel like where it should be. Before the lowering blocks it felt too low and I had to tilt my foot down too much.
As for the shifter, I did have to adjust it down a little but it is a real easy job and took about 5 minutes.

2013 Versys1000
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
They are a great improvement and very well made, a lot of people use them. For me they made the brake lever feel like where it should be. Before the lowering blocks it felt too low and I had to tilt my foot down too much.
As for the shifter, I did have to adjust it down a little but it is a real easy job and took about 5 minutes.
Exactly the same in my case. Brake position is good; shifter was adjusted to my liking and it was a snap to do. Much more comfortable riding position IMHO - no more leg cramps for me! I also changed the footpegs - Kawasaki Concours pegs - larger surface area and my boots like that.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Good info!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Exactly the same in my case. Brake position is good; shifter was adjusted to my liking and it was a snap to do. Much more comfortable riding position IMHO - no more leg cramps for me! I also changed the footpegs - Kawasaki Concours pegs - larger surface area and my boots like that.
Yep the lowering block was one of the first changes i did to my bike. Also switched to the Concours 14 foot pegs.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep the lowering block was one of the first changes i did to my bike. Also switched to the Concours 14 foot pegs.
I know you did! Where do you think I first saw them?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM

I've got a set on my 2010, a few of us did a group buy from Speedy to the UK. Great service, and a great mod. Love the feel now, had them nearly a year now and couldn't ride without them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode