Front Fork Axle Sliders & Gremlin Bell - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Front Fork Axle Sliders & Gremlin Bell

Found these axle sliders and decided to give them a try. http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-2006-0...ht_3833wt_1398 My gremlin bell came up missing so ordered a replacement....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
whats the process for installing? Just pushing the rod through the axle and screwing the slider on the ends?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM

Post a few pics when you get the sliders installed. I have a pair of stock handle bar ends that got replaced with my barkbuster hand guards ends. The left over bar ends are solid and beefy. I was thinking they could be adapted into a front axle slider set up like what you have here.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
whats the process for installing? Just pushing the rod through the axle and screwing the slider on the ends?
Yep, Thats about it. Had to play with it a bit to get the nuts on evenly.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
Post a few pics when you get the sliders installed. I have a pair of stock handle bar ends that got replaced with my barkbuster hand guards ends. The left over bar ends are solid and beefy. I was thinking they could be adapted into a front axle slider set up like what you have here.

Here ya go. Along with the instructions.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 AM

I just ordered one for my V. Good idea, thanks for posting.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Found these axle sliders and decided to give them a try. My gremlin bell came up missing so ordered a replacement....
The sliders look good, and it's comforting to know that, according to the instructions, you're a certified technician. Of course you are!

Also good to see that the most important piece of equipment on the bike has been replaced - the bell. People may scoff, but they work wonders. Having a gremlin bell is much like going to Fairy Bridge in the Isle of Man to offer respects to the fairies before racing. Honor the fairies and do well, neglect to honor the fairies and crash or blow up. How does it go? Been there, done that.

I do have a genuine question. How much other stuff is likely to come into contact with mother earth before the sliders touch down. Seems to me it would be quite a bit of other stuff first, but I don't know. I haven't been down on the Versys yet - and don't care to either, thank you very much.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 02-09-2012 at 05:36 PM.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
My gremlin bell came up missing so ordered a replacement....
Lost it during your crash perhaps?

Mine was a gift from a couple fellow riders, meant a lot to me when they gave it to me...still does. At the time they gave it to me, I didn't know what it meant. I have rode with it for years. Mine is located close to yours.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Lost it during your crash perhaps?

Mine was a gift from a couple fellow riders, meant a lot to me when they gave it to me...still does. At the time they gave it to me, I didn't know what it meant. I have rode with it for years. Mine is located close to yours.

No it was still there after the crash. Last time i saw it was on my first group ride after the accident. You can see it here in the photo. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...in/photostream
After i took the photo and went back to the bike a couple of guys that weren't in our group were asking me questions about the Versys then noticed the bell and i told them what it was. Went in to eat and finished off the ride. Then alittle over a week ago when i changed the oil i noticed the bell was gone. The ring that attached it to the bike was still in place. So eighter the loop on the bell broke off or someone swiped it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well after my crash you can see the damage that the slider might have prevented. Photo after the crash and a photo with the new slider.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM

If you want to add to your color options you can do this with a piece of all thread and some skateboard wheels. Works great with hollow axles.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Well after my crash you can see the damage that the slider might have prevented. Photo after the crash and a photo with the new slider.
Appreciate it - that answered the question very nicely. Thank you.

Arion

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 AM

Only usd33.33 at my place, but i dont feel like putting it on just yet. The last time i went down, the fork didnt touch the ground. Handlebar and crashbar took the brunt.

By the way, here's another item that i think is useless to have.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 AM

I'd love to get myself a gremlin bell though...

- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gremlin+bell

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 02:22 AM

Thanks, putting in my order now

Up next :
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
I always thought someone had to GIVE you the gremlin bell. Buying one for yourself doesn't count.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
I always thought someone had to GIVE you the gremlin bell. Buying one for yourself doesn't count.
Oh crap! I'd better give mine to my wife and let her give me hers. Will that work?

Arion

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Oh crap! I'd better give mine to my wife and let her give me hers. Will that work?
HaHa! That will probably work.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Only usd33.33 at my place, but i dont feel like putting it on just yet. The last time i went down, the fork didnt touch the ground. Handlebar and crashbar took the brunt.

By the way, here's another item that i think is useless to have.

If nothing else, it looks nice. Do they come in 2011 Red?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode