Crash Bar update. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Crash Bar update.

The second set of SW Motech bars came in today. The first set must have been a manufacturer's defect. The second set bolted up perfectly in about 30 minutes. I just have to torque the bolts and put the plastics back on. I'm pleased that Twisted Throttle worked with me on this. I will let them know it all worked out tomorrow.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 AM

And tell them not to send the first set back out to somebody else.

Good to hear they actually fit correctly when they are made that way.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:47 PM

I'm also glad the 2nd set went on well. Any feedback about the "vibration issues" others have spoken of with the SW engine guards?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA6TubThumper View Post
I'm also glad the 2nd set went on well. Any feedback about the "vibration issues" others have spoken of with the SW engine guards?
I won't have a chance to ride it until next week, I would guess. Working every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
The second set of SW Motech bars came in today. The first set must have been a manufacturer's defect. The second set bolted up perfectly in about 30 minutes. I just have to torque the bolts and put the plastics back on. I'm pleased that Twisted Throttle worked with me on this. I will let them know it all worked out tomorrow.
Did you have to send the first set back before they sent you the second set? I've still got my original, mis-aligned set on, and it's 'good enough', but if they'll send a second set so I can just swap them and not have to put the stock parts back on for a week, it'd be worth my while...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTacoCombo View Post
Did you have to send the first set back before they sent you the second set? I've still got my original, mis-aligned set on, and it's 'good enough', but if they'll send a second set so I can just swap them and not have to put the stock parts back on for a week, it'd be worth my while...
They sent the second set when the saw the first set was on the way back. They sent me a shipping label. I'm very pleased. I have a 2011 with the EPA can, and all I needed to do was push it behind the top of the crashbar and it bolted right back into place.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Tony -- Do you have a 2010-2012 model, or the 07-09 model? Just wondering because I am interested in getting a set of crash bars that are solid and easy to install. Let me know if you can
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
Tony -- Do you have a 2010-2012 model, or the 07-09 model? Just wondering because I am interested in getting a set of crash bars that are solid and easy to install. Let me know if you can
I have a 2011. I took it for a ride today to see if anything would fall off. Nothing did and no vibrations were noted.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Here's a couple pictures of the bars on the bike. I didn't have a problem with the EPA can. I just pushed it behind the the upper mount on the bars and the cover bolted right back on. I took it for a ride and no vibration was noted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode