Ram Mount... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ram Mount...

Does anyone have a ram mount on your V ? If so any pictures, what type, does the brake cover mount for the ninja 650 work and any suggestions on what to get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by narthab View Post
Does anyone have a ram mount on your V ? If so any pictures, what type, does the brake cover mount for the ninja 650 work and any suggestions on what to get?
I don't have a photo handy, but I just used the normal bar clamp and it works well, i.e. it is rock solid.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
I don't have a photo handy, but I just used the normal bar clamp and it works well, i.e. it is rock solid.
I too have the standard bar clamp type Ram mount on all my bikes. Bought all of mine off Amazon.com.

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)

Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM

Regular handlebar mount. Bought mine from Amazon.com.

Joey Rocket Films likes this.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM

I bought a ram ball that replaces one of the handlebar clamp bolts.

This is it with a short arm fitted.

I now have a longer arm which places the satnav more in the position of Capn Kirk's.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Any ram mount your looking for can be found here. www.gpscity.com I have the handle bar mount,strap mount etc,etc

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 PM

I use the brake/clutch reservoir mounts. I have one on each side. They work really well for me.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx

I'd rather be riding.
2005 Triumph Speed Triple | 2009 Blue Versys
1997 Suzuki DR350SE (sold) | 2004 Triumph Speed Four (sold) | 2008 ZX6R (sold) | 2008 Concours 14 (sold) | 2007 Suzuki M50 (sold) | 2006 Ninja 500 (sold)

Old 01-30-2012, 04:47 PM

I just got this one:
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx - that's whay Davy F did above, but I used the lower set (top of triple clamp) on the left. Then I put a 3" double socket arm and a univeral mount on top of that. Works pretty well - but the longer arm would probably work better. No photos now, but I'll take some in a day or so.

Cheers, Jeff
--------------------------------

|
|

2010 Versys
SW-Motech crash bars & bash plate
SW-Motech quick lock rear rack
Two seahorse 720 cases / panniers
Givi wind screen
Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 PM

I don't have a pic , but I just have the handlebar clamp version. It allowed me to experiment with where I wanted the sat nav positioned without buying different mounts
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Regular handlebar mount. Bought mine from Amazon.com.

Since these handlebars are powdercoated instead of chromed I recommend you cut a piece of bicycle innertube to wrap around the handlebar before you mount the U-bolt. Doing this will require less pressure to keep the U-bolt from moving and lessen the chance of marking the handlebar. I use the rubber on chrome as well but it doesn't mark as easily as powdercoat.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Since these handlebars are powdercoated instead of chromed I recommend you cut a piece of bicycle innertube to wrap around the handlebar before you mount the U-bolt.

Another reason I used the ram ball to replace one of the handlebar clamp bolts.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Since these handlebars are powdercoated instead of chromed I recommend you cut a piece of bicycle innertube to wrap around the handlebar before you mount the U-bolt.
The pieces that come in contact with the handlebars are made of fairly soft plastic. I don't believe it will mark up the bar and did not have to tighten too much to snug. Had it been aluminum or steel, I would have taken more caution.

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 02-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:40 PM

I got off some L brackets from Ace Hardware and mount it like this.

I got from eBay a Waterproof Casing with handle bar mount. With a tank bag, it is not possible to mount it on the handlebars. Besides, the viewing angle is not optimum.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 PM

Youtube is really slow right now, I'll post my video when I get it online.

IBA # 49372

Last edited by Motopsycho; 02-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
I bought a ram ball that replaces one of the handlebar clamp bolts.

+1 This one

More clamps is just more clap-trap. I have one of these for 3 different bikes, the GPS transfers easily to and from.

On two of them I have hard-wired a power lead from the headlamp running light for a keyed power source.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 AM

Might have to wait until tomorrow to watch it, YouTube seems to be having some issues right now.

No Video

IBA # 49372
Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 PM

I have a handlebar mount and a steering head mount. RAM makes good stuff.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 AM

Try to post this again . . .

IBA # 49372
Old 12-14-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
Try to post this again . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiN14n4olPk
Cool set up, thanks for sharing. I love seeing peoples configurations

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in