Renthal Bars Anyone...?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Renthal Bars Anyone...??

Does anyone have Renthal bars fitted to their V? If so, would appreciate what size they are with a photo, if poss. Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM

I just ordered pro taper SE's. Just make sure you get 7/8 Renthals and a high enough bend. There are a few posts that have the stock dimensions so you can find a Renthals bar that won't hit your fairing. Pro tapers haven't got here yet but you are going to have to drill a hole in any aftermarket bar or cut off the plastic tab inside the throttle assembly, ... I think
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 AM

Hi Zed,

Intended to fix Renthal but found out an alternative as email below from Rider Discount:

We do have both of the handlebars you mentioned and here are the prices I can offer

Here are the prices for those two handlebars:

MOOSE RACING COMP HANDLEBAR SILVER HONDA TRX-250R FOURTRAX - 0601-0945 -
USD $60.85
RENTHAL 7/8 HANDLEBAR WITH PAD SILVER HONDA TRX250R - TR-800556 - USD $73.50

Compare oem specs with Renthal Fourtrax at http://www.renthal.com/File/apps1.as...del=&bikedate=

It would be cheaper for you in UK as Renthal is from the UK.

Bought a Moose Racing (http://www.mooseracing.com/) handlebar and happy with the extra 20mm height and 10mm sweepback. Had removed the middle bar and does need end bar weight to minimize the slight vibs on the left mirror.
Had recently seen a turnbuckle to tighten up the middle section of the handlebar so might try that. There is a very little vib on the left mirror above 120 km/hr.

Moose racing pic:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...&postcount=646

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply bean' - good point to consider the rise of the bars due to potential conflict with the tank. I must admit, I hadn't thought of that one. I was hoping to put slightly lower bars on but that may not be possible due to this. When you get your bars fitted a pic would be good.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 07:33 AM

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...&postcount=646

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...&postcount=649

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

stlee - thanks for the links - looks good, particularly with the crossbrace and pad.....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM

I wanted a lower bend as well and went with the KX hi bend. It is about 20mm or 30mm lower than stock, but I also have a SW Motech riser. I wanted a sportier look than stock. There is a forum member running the KX bend withou a riser so I figure I'll be okay. I will try to post pictures when it gets installed but still waiting on delivery.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks bean - pics of the installation would be great. I've read about the SW risers but need to check if I can get them in the UK.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 PM

Protaper, rizoma or renthal? They cost almost similarly to buying a kawi stock.

If them aftermarket bars are too low to clear the tank, an anti-vib riser would be just nice.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Well it's back to the drawing board. The prop tapers had the bar clamps glued on after I removed the crossbar and I didn't care for the look. So I returned those and ordered Renthal 7/8 road bars medium height. When they arrived the pullback was rediculous, looked like more of a sweep than stock and I didn't like those either. I guess I'm just being picky but whatever, the V is my baby
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanburnham View Post
Well it's back to the drawing board. The prop tapers had the bar clamps glued on after I removed the crossbar and I didn't care for the look. So I returned those and ordered Renthal 7/8 road bars medium height. When they arrived the pullback was rediculous, looked like more of a sweep than stock and I didn't like those either. I guess I'm just being picky but whatever, the V is my baby
Hmmmm.. that's tough mate - still, there's not a lot wrong with the standards. I'll still change mine - I'm sure that Renthal will be able to match the height, sweep etc of the standards in their range. I'll bung a pic on when I've done it....
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I'm sure there are better bars out there I just haven't found them yet. It is a little difficult with only the dimensions online and no actual pictures of the bars I want to order
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Try checking out renthal superbike medium and renthal superbike high.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode