Rhinomoto ROCKS!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Rhinomoto ROCKS!!!

When I purchased my Tuono from AF1 (they own ApriliaForum.com), I also got a bunch of accessories put on the order, which included RhinoMoto swingarm, fork, and bar end sliders as well as the Axelign.

I installed the swingarm and fork sliders and have used the Axelign for every chain adjustment (no funking around with the hash marks on the swingarm... love it!). I never installed the bar ends, though, just didn't feel like using 'em for some reason. I decided to pull the OE mirrors off 'cause I wanted to see what it would look like. Rode around with it for a couple of days and, holy crap, the air was MUCH less turbulent. No more buffeting. Decided I had to run that configuration full time, but I needed at least one mirror, 'cause the complete lack of rearward visibility wasn't good.

I decided I wanted to run a single CRG mirror on the left side and I knew that RhinoMoto made their bar ends in a mirror mount design for the CRGs as AF1 has the pair on their site, but I only needed the one. I contemplated purchasing a set and then matching one with a bar end and then selling the other mirror mount-bar end set (which Rhinomoto sells), but then the "nothing ventured, nothing gained" adage occurred to me, so I contacted RhinoMoto through its site with the following message:
Quote:
Hello,
I have a 2007 Aprilia Tuono and purchased but never installed your bar-end
sliders (150-0013 in black w/ round button) on it. I am now looking to go to
a single CRG mirror and was wondering if it would be possible to "trade" one
of my bar-ends for one of the mirror mounts (150-0024 in black w/ round
button). I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Regards,
Cullen
Twenty (20) minutes later I got this reply from Steffen:
Quote:
Cullen,

It certainly doesn't. I'll mail a mirror mount body down to you tomorrow and
you can send the other body back.

Steffen

Steffen Hagene
Rhino Motorcycle Products LLC
www.rhinomoto.com
Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised.

But the story doesn't end there. The first mirror mount was lost in the mail, apparently. I returned the other bar end a little late and included a note that said that I looked forward to getting it and Steffen responded that it should've been there. He offered to send another one via UPS and did so immediately... unfortunately he sent a bar end... whoops! As they say, third time's a charm. He sent out another mirror mount via mail and it got here without issue, and I put the whole set of stuff on.

Steffen really went above and beyond and has a loyal RhinoMoto customer for life. I recommend his products wholeheartedly because they're quality pieces and there is clearly a very good person behind them.

I'll definitely be searching out what he's got available for the Versys when (not if) I get around to getting one.

Now some before and after pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barendsCRG.jpg (195.9 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Tfrb4.jpg (214.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Tfrafter.jpg (210.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Tltb4.jpg (212.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Tltafter.jpg (207.4 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Trtafter.jpg (206.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Trrb4.jpg (212.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Trrafter.jpg (213.1 KB, 99 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great to hear (or read for you literal thinkers) about great customer service stories like this, even when Murphy works against you. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely put them on the list for places to visit when farkling...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode