Key Scratch protection - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Key Scratch protection

The area where my keys hang has been getting pretty scratched up of late. I recently purchased a sheet of Gripster Sport Motorcycle Tank Grips for another project for my TU250. Included was a small sample sheet. I used a template someone on the board had posted in a thread and used the sample sheet and cut a key protector. It's very sticky, but removable also.

I ordered the C3 grip pad for my TU project. www.techspec-usa.com

Here is how it turned out.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 AM

As posted by a fellow V, attached key scratch template if needed. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Key Scratch Saver sticker.pdf (207.3 KB, 198 views)

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Just get one of these key bags can put your side or top bag keys in, then tuck it in the gap to the left side of the ignition key cylinder lock, no scratches at all.

rgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
The area where my keys hang has been getting pretty scratched up of late. I recently purchased a sheet of Gripster Sport Motorcycle Tank Grips for another project for my TU250. Included was a small sample sheet. I used a template someone on the board had posted in a thread and used the sample sheet and cut a key protector. It's very sticky, but removable also.

I ordered the C3 grip pad for my TU project. www.techspec-usa.com

Here is how it turned out.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5030223.JPG (93.6 KB, 183 views)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
The area where my keys hang has been getting pretty scratched up of late...
That’s just one of several reasons why I never attach anything to my ignition keys.

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Thatís just one of several reasons why I never attach anything to my ignition keys.
I don't like carrying two sets of keys around. (more to lose) So, I have a house key and the top rack key along with the garage door opener and ignition key.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 02:07 AM

You could always put your dangling keys in a Kangaroo scrotum purse.

http://www.univenter.com/kangaroo.html

A Good conversation piece too.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Thatís just one of several reasons why I never attach anything to my ignition keys.
+1
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 AM

That's sharp.

One of those mods that only you might ever notice but still worth doing, because YOU like it.

100 countries or bust...80 so far.
Rides: Ecuador, Haiti, Laos, Sri Lanka, Tibet & Vietnam

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I don't like carrying two sets of keys around. (more to lose) So, I have a house key and the top rack key along with the garage door opener and ignition key.
What, no flashlight, nail clipper, rabbitís foot and Swiss army knife?

Just kidding... to each his own... and (other than the rabbitís foot) I DO carry all of those other things (albeit separately).

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 AM

as others have said. I dont put anything on my ign key either. Vital items like keys, license, and anything i dont want to lose go in my inner zippered jacket pocket. Where a frequent pat in the area tells me its all safe and secure. If its between scratching the piss out of the top clamp or finding another special secure place for keys, i do the latter. I have seen many forgetful key owners with scratched bikes. Somewhat detracting. Also, if an owner is meticulate enough to avoid scratching his bike up with keys, it might be a safe buy knowing hes probably meticulate with maintenance too.... My observation on many purchases anyways....

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM

not that a key scratched bike is poorly maintained, but if you DO meet the guy who took the time to avoid those key scratches, he is likely on top of the care of the bike in other areas also. Just one of many indicators of a cared for bike... Peace

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode