That was easy! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That was easy!

To use the ad phrase, "That was easy." Just installed the Evotech radiator guard on my '09 V. I guess there have been changes made to the V's. The directions called for much more removal and re-installation of parts on the bike. And most of the supplied fasteners weren't used. I only used three of the supplied hex cap screws to fasten it to the bike.
I did run into a small inconvenience. I had to partly remove my crash bar brace that runs across the top of the radiator. After getting that out of the way, all I had to do is flip the captive nut clip, and install the guard and longer cap screw. I removed the bottom brace, and installed two more cap screws. I then reinstalled the crash bar brace, and I was done in ten minutes.
Just too darn easy!

"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves." -- Jerry Garcia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 PM

Rad Screen...

Nice grill screen...with the high cost of radiators...It is strange that bike manufactures don't put them on from the factory...Looking at most sport bikes with huge expensive radiators down low..right behind the front tire...where rocks and whatever could take out your $500 radiator cheap protective screen really is easy and smart...Question on the horn in your photo? did you have to use a relay switch or just bolt on as is ? Fiamm Blaster Horn ? Cheers

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

The guard defiantly gives me peace of mind. The horn is a bolt on Fiamm Blaster found at Meijers.

"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves." -- Jerry Garcia

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminob View Post
Nice grill screen...with the high cost of radiators...It is strange that bike manufactures don't put them on from the factory...
Because in really hot weather it will cause the bike to overheat. Also in 100s of thousands of miles riding on a liquid cooled bike I have never had something fly up and damage a radiator. The only damaged radiators I have ever seen were in very bad crashes where the radiator was the least of the problem.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S

Last edited by gti20vturbo; 10-26-2011 at 02:42 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti20vturbo View Post
... Also in 100s of thousands of miles riding on a liquid cooled bike I have never had something fly up and damage a radiator.
I have had something fly up, not from the bike, but from the car in front of me. I saw an automotive trim piece exit the cars tire, then bounce twice to land on the core of the radiator. It also grazed my right leg.
Thank goodness the event happened on the freeway, close to home. I picked up the bike and put it on my trailer. At home, I removed the radiator and took it to a radiator shop for repair. Fortunately, it only breached one core tube, but dented three total. The repair set me back $20 and change. It should have been spent on a guard.
I finally did buy a guard for my trusty old KLR 650, then I saw the Versys in the showroom. So the next owner benefited from my experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode