Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

This has been done to death but....

7K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  Frisco 
#1 ·
Right, I have read the thousands of threads that have gone back and fore with regards to a new wind shield, however I cannot seem to make head nor tail of which one will be best for me.

I am 6,1, 34 inside leg. I get bad buffeting at the moment and have the stock shield upside down in it´s lowest position and that seems to be the best it´s gonna get.

I have been looking at the European market, and here we have puig,ermax,vario,givi..off the top of my head.

Can anyone with similar build and height give me an idea?

Thanks!

#34 ·
NickWilliams;173275 I did not see the windscreen I have on the link you posted.[/QUOTE said:
Its about the 19th one down, I searched the page for the word versys and found it that way.

So you are my height and build and you would definately suggest it? How is the noise and buffeting around the head compared to stock?

#35 ·
I am about 6' 1" 195lbs with a 32" inseam. My legs are a little shorter than yours, but that means we are probably about the same height when seated. I really like this windshield a lot. However, my bike never had the stock windscreen on it. I have no idea how bad the buffeting is with the stock windscreen.

The only time I have any buffeting at all with the MRA windscreen is if I have my visor propped open on my helmet.

As for noise, I'm not really sure what to say. I don't have much experience with other bikes with windscreens to compare it to. When you get off the bike after a couple of hours at highway speeds you notice that the wind noise isn't there anymore. My ears aren't ringing or anything, but you do notice it. That could just be my helmet or something though.

#37 ·
http://www.ebay.es/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400246225186&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:ES:1123

Ended up going for this one for now, seeing as there only seemed to be 2 options with seemingly reliable reviews from people of the same height.

The other option I think sounded even better since the user had tried about 10 different shields on the versys was the vstream and algard bracket, but since this is no longer produced I have plumped for the second option.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED AND FOR ALL THE FANTASTIC AND USEFUL ADVICE. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.

#40 ·
Just an update on the MRA shield I purchased http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4562/

It cam in pure black, which is quite handy since the bike is black, although from the riding position it actually looks like Darth Vader´s helmet :)

It seems to do a better job of blocking wind from hitting my body due to it being wider at the bottom than the stock screen and having a slight winged effect.

With regards to helmet noise and wind, I first out it on teh highest setting which seemed to give me a lot of buffeting at head height, different to the stocked but too much.

I now have it on the lowest setting and it seems a lot better. Still buffeting but doesn´t seem as strong or loud anymore, and with earplugs in it actually seems "quite" quiet.

Might give it a go on the middle setting soon to see the difference.

All in all, I´m happier than with stocker, although I´m sure it could be a lot better still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.