protaper SE atv mids - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
protaper SE atv mids

Has anybody tried the ProTaper ATV mid on the V... a search found mention of the the Low and the Highs....thoughts???

thanks

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM

I installed the Pro Taper ATV High bars last year. They are wider than the stock bar but they can be cut down to size with a hacksaw. I liked the open ends because I wanted to install handguards that are meant to be installed in open ended bars. I also didn't want to change the riding ergonomics and these bars are a similar bend to the stock bar. The bonus was the black color and removable cross bar. I didn't see any ATV mid size bars at the time I purchased these.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
I installed the Pro Taper ATV High bars last year. They are wider than the stock bar but they can be cut down to size with a hacksaw. I liked the open ends because I wanted to install handguards that are meant to be installed in open ended bars. I also didn't want to change the riding ergonomics and these bars are a similar bend to the stock bar. The bonus was the black color and removable cross bar. I didn't see any ATV mid size bars at the time I purchased these.
Got them installed last week. Those are a good alternative to original ones. I was hoping that it would improve the oem mirrors fuzz, but unfortunately no change here.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:03 PM

As you can see from the photos, I removed the stock mirrors and replaced them with the round convex bar end mirrors. There is absolutely zero vibration and I can always see who's behind or beside me. I finished off the look by putting two little chrome caps from Home Depot in the holes where the stock mirrors screw into. The mirrors are dirt cheap on eBay, something like $20. They are aluminum with real glass mirrors from China. Good quality and great price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
so what type of hanguards are those
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Ktm

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ktm
I have KTMs on backorder till 11/1/2011, to they come with the insert piece to connect them to the bars with out the welded on piece from the OEM bars???

thanks
Dan
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Nice Winshield...

Question....Hey ISLANDER1089...What Windscreen is that in your photos??? and where did you find it .???

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:08 PM

It's the Ermax shield from Frog Specialties in California. It's larger than the stock model, has black tint on the lower portion to hide the brackets and has a nice little scooped up top edge to help deflect more wind upward. I'm 5' 10" and it's perfect for what I wanted. I like to see over the shield but keep the wind off my chest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode