Forgot to post this a few days ago - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Forgot to post this a few days ago

Got my Givi PLR450 racks installed. Managed to get the Racks and mount kit for a whopping 135$.

Picked up the racks from Twisted Throttle (AWESOME PHONE SERVICE!) from the scratch and dent section for 103$ and the 450 Mount Kit from a secondary site I need to look up for 25$.

Rear tail lights are re routed and I just want to tidy up the wires a bit by locking them in place. Getting ready for a trip to Charlotte over the 9/11 weekend.

Hopefully I can get my lowering kit ordered and installed before then. If not oh well. I can deal with tip toes a bit longer. 99.9% of the trip is all paved roads and highway so no issues there.

Going to work on de-badging this week before I head out to my much needed vacation. Then Saturday morning I am dropping the V off to a good friend who is going to test ride it while I am gone. He has been kicking the idea of trading in his cruiser for a nice 1200 BMW and I let him take my V out for a ride when I bought it. He is now convinced he might want to re-think his BMW decision. So I offered to let him roll around on the V while I am on vacation since he generously let me roll around on his bike while I was re-training myself with my learner's permit till I could get my license.

When I get back it will be working on getting the lowering kit, some brush guards and hopefully a set of the Givi e21 cases to throw on the V for commuting and small trips. Then crash guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 12:29 PM

lol dang it! i have been eye'ing those for a month now,,, i didnt wanna talk about them on the forum cause someone would snatch them up.

well more power to ya brother!

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Oops! I'm not sure where the scratch and dents were but they look pretty good. I check the scratch and dent section alot so if I see them again I'll holler.

Also I can parse through my emails and find where I got the mounting kit from cause it was like half price from what Twisted Throttle had and it was new. Unless your going to use a top rack also.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:03 PM

That is the exact set-up I am looking into right now. I was just going to go through Twisted Throttle but if you can offer the other solution I am very intereted thanks. Also it has probably been posted before but do the rear signals have to be re-located or is it onlt to have them out back further. Will the E-21's clear them where they are? Thanks for any info.

2013 Versys1000
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

I ordered my mounting kit from Premier Cycle Accessories. Link

Part# GIV70D450KIT - Cost was 24.30 - Givi 450KIT for PLR450 or PLXR450.

I don't have nor plan to get a top rack so this was necessary for the PLR450 rack I purchased.

I had to relocate my lights and actually I like them relocated. They basically came out from under the tail by about 3-4 inches (maybe less) and they are spread out more. They seem a lot more visible according to my wife who was behind me when I went for a road test of the bike after installing the racks. I will say installing the rack was MUCH easier with her holding things while I attached them. I have a picture of the butt of my bike and I'll see about pulling it off my phone and posting it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0748.JPG (148.0 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by MikeV; 08-08-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added information and picture
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Thanks and the picture would be great

2013 Versys1000
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Tada
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Piccy no there

2013 Versys1000
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
Piccy no there
Added it to the post above should have been a bit clearer than TADA.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM

Thanks for the picture. That's the set-up I'm going for. I like the slimmer look of the E-21's and also the top loading feature.

2013 Versys1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode