Givi Engine Guard 2010 Installation - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi Engine Guard 2010 Installation

Hi Folks, I purchased a 2011 Versys in June.I had ordered a Givi engine guard when it arrive it had 2010 written in it.I went to install it and it doesn't fit. Have they changed it ? Do they make a 2011 engine guard? Has any one had this issue? Do I need to exchange it? Can some help me out.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Do a search. I recall reading that Twisted Throttle stopped carrying it because there were fitment issues and GIVI was supposed to be redesigning. Where did you buy it from? I saw the competition accessories carried it but have been hesitant because of QC issues with paint being rubbed off and fitment.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

There are fitment issues.I bought it from Headingley Sports Shop in Manitoba.Waited I.5 months for it to arrive. I see where the guard can be attached to the frame but the threaded bar on the bottom came with only one nut and my question is how do you connect the other side?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Mine fit Perfectly

See Pics
One nut was used from the original Bolt.

2011, Lowered Bike and Pegs, Handle Bars Raised, Shifter Mod, Homemade Bag Stays, Givi Engine Guard. Corbin Seat, Scorpion Alarm.
Bike Pics HERE >>>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Shut Up Brain Or I'll Stab You With a Q-tip"

Last edited by I-Can-Get-You-A-Toe; 07-08-2011 at 12:08 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

I-Can-Get-You-A-Toe

Thanks for your photos ! I see how the it clamps around the tube and bolts under the front piece.I do not know about the long threaded bar.Does it attach through the engine mounts on the bottom of the bike.If so could you send me close up photos if you have them? This is the part that I don't get. I see one long thread bar and one nylock nut.How do you connect the other side once it is on the other side? Am I just replaciing the existing bar and using that nut? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I contacted GIVI USA and they said they have not heard of any fitment issues. They do recommend they get installed by a mechanic because they are not considered an easy install.

I contacted Twistedthrottle.com to see if they were going to carry the GIVI engine guards and they said no but have the SWMotech.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 06:56 PM

Unhappy

When I contacted Givi USA they advised me that it would not fit on a 2011 California model of the Versys. No current plans to make another version of the guards. The other manufacturers of crash bars also said that the charcoal canister on the California models present an installation problem.

ďDonít bother me with DETAILS!Ē
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 09:40 PM

YES
There is a shorter version of the bar under the engine. I unbolted it and used the one supplied by GIVI to push the original one out.

2011, Lowered Bike and Pegs, Handle Bars Raised, Shifter Mod, Homemade Bag Stays, Givi Engine Guard. Corbin Seat, Scorpion Alarm.
Bike Pics HERE >>>>

"Shut Up Brain Or I'll Stab You With a Q-tip"
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Can-Get-You-A-Toe View Post
YES
There is a shorter version of the bar under the engine. I unbolted it and used the one supplied by GIVI to push the original one out.
Thanks! I am going to try installing the Givi bar in the next few days with a hand from my buddy.Thanks for the advice.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 01:54 AM

When I get a chance, I'll post pics of the Givi guard on my V, paying attention to the mounting points. It was installed by my bike shop.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 08:13 AM

Here are some pics, hope it helps.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/produ...wasaki-versys-

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
Perhaps itís just the picture but that bolt looks like itís a tad short... like itís barely making it to the Nylock portion of the nut.

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks,for the photos they were very helpful.I am a visual learner and I now see what needs to be done.Givi is not very detailed with their installation instructions.I am installing mine tomorrow with foot pegs,so I can stretch out from time to time.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Everyone ! I got a buddy to give me a hand today to install the Givi Engine Guard,it went easier than I thought.I also installed a pair of foot pegs in order to stretch out every once and while. Once again thank you.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 AM

Thank you, Leslie for the pics. Will be putting the Givi guard soon with some loctite.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM

I got my Givi crash bars today. I installed crash bars before but these stumped me. I too thought they wouldn't fit. The directions are really bad. The pictures are all I needed for the install. They look great,thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode