some latest upgrades to my V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
some latest upgrades to my V

thought i would post a few pics of my latest handy work....engine guards, with highway pegs ( i use harley sportster pegs every time) they look close to the driver pegs in style and shape, plus there CHEAP! harley riders toss them for the latest and greatest chrome billet do da crap!...i can buy these all day long for less than $4.00 a set....picked up a set of highway mounts that are adjustable.....i'm 6'2" and i can stretch out nice with this setup.....made a set of windshield brackets to raise my vario up....HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!! and a set of Emgo handguards.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0962.jpg (208.4 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0963.jpg (181.1 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0964.jpg (181.0 KB, 236 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM

what kind of crash bar is that you have?

Looks good.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

it's a SW-motech bar....the front tube is of my own design...felt the weak link in the bars were the end and the way they just stop in front of the radiotor, was concerned that in a fall the end could fold up into the radiator, so i made a support, ties both sides together

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 06:48 PM

Nice work.

Do you have pics of how you tied the two together or was that your posting about using the gas pipe? I plan to go with these engine guards and highway pegs.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

that was my posting on using the gas pipe....3/4 black iron gas pipe, heated in the middle in a vise and bent to fit....it ties both sides together rock solid!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 PM

What Did You Have To Do To Make The Setup For Your Vario Mounts. I Just Installed My Vario And Am Still Getting Some Buffeting In My Head. I Am 6 Ft, But It Still Isn't What I Want. Improvement From Stock But Still Needs To Be Higher.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Simple fix really...used two pieces of flat plate, drilled three holes in each....one fits the top hole in the shield, the other two go through the existing bracket holes....basically i'm still mounting the shield as before just using the flat plates to raise it up to a more comfortable height... im 6"2" so setting it about the same as mine should work wonders for you.... the nice part is you can lower the spoiler down still if you want more air... i raised the shield 3 inches....the bottom of the shield is even with the bottom point on the stock brackets....you can see it in the pics.....P.S no extra holes in the lexan had to be drilled....still using stock mounting holes...hope that helps
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 PM

tsunamichop007, can you post some info on the adjustable highway pegs. I received my Hepco & Becker crash bars today and I definitely plan to install some sort of highway pegs on them. Yours look like just the ticket.

As for the Sportster pegs, did you just get them on Ebay? I haven't looked yet but if you know of a different source for the $4 pegs, definitely let us know. They look like just the ticket.

Thanks.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

the pegs are stock harley stuff....look on any just about any stock harley and you'll see them....go to your local harley shop and you'll fine them....those guys buy a new bike and immediately start tossing good parts so they can bolt on the shiny stuff.....the problem with most aftermarket pegs is they don't look right on bikes like the V...just my opinion.. stick out like a sore thumb...... i just go in and ask if they have any laying around.... hell i just went to a local bike/car show in my town.. saw a vender with a box full of them...can't give the stuff away....harley boys don't want...but i do.. my plan is to powdercoat the mounts, black it all out....P.S there just stock Kuryakn stuff, check Custom Chrome out to..they have em
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode