Footpegs for Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Footpegs for Versys

I'm looking for footpegs to replace the OEM pegs. Do you guys have any experience? Will any IMS brand fit Versys?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 AM

lokto7, I have recently put a set of MFW adjustable pegs on my bike. They have 8 different configurations so you should be able to find a good setup for any rider. The only thing I don't like about them is that they move the rider's feet out about 3/4". That's good for the riding position, but it requires a bit of a change to how you actuate the brake pedal and shifter. I've even though about fabbing extensions for each of those pedals.

here's a link to Norrus in Australia that sells them. It also includes an animated graphics showing the peg adjustability. I would think that would be better shipping for you than from the US. They are made in Germany and imported in the US by Eurotechmotorsports.

BTW, I think they make a version specifically for the Versys now, but I bought the ones for the Suzuki DL1000 and drilled the bore to fit the Versys retaining pin.

Good luck and if you find other options definitely let us know.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 11:35 AM

I'm with DB and installed MFW vario pegs (23mm drop arms.) Took a bit of "adjusting" the brake and shift lever, but now I feel SO MUCH better in the cockpit. I've got a Kawasaki low gel seat, and the legs felt too cramped with the stock peg location. Adventure MotoStuff LLC is where I got them. http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Loads of high res pics on my website.

Jim

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:02 PM

Are you looking for nice aftermarket stuff or just bits and pieces to fix up after a wreck?

People also use Buell footrests to get the same sort of 1" drop. Requires a bit of grinding depending on bike brand.

I'm calm like a bomb!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode