Fieldsheer Expander Tail Bag - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Fieldsheer Expander Tail Bag

I just received this bag tonight. I'm not sure how it mounts because it came with no instructions and the Fieldsheer webpage had nothing on it either. It has 2 bungies that are ran through the bag which obviously are used to strap it to the bike however their are 4 quick release snaps that are all male end. They have nothing to snap into. I know they are compatible with the Fieldsheer saddlebags and I'm wondering if that's what the 4 male end of the quicksnaps are for. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about? Your advise will save me hours of torture.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:13 PM

I can't say for sure since I've never seen your bag live. I have a set of Fieldsheer saddle bags and there are two female quick release snaps on each bag - front and bag. I'll bet that's how they snap together.

Just a guess. When in doubt, go to your nearest bike shop that sells them and ask. And if they can provide you the info you need then you've found yourself a good shop to support - buy the saddle bags there.

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 AM

I bought the same bag a couple weeks ago and only used it just a couple days ago. Mounting it is pretty much whatever works best--considering I had a back pack on, I had to play around with the bungees to have it mount securely as far back as possible. So, in light of the lack of instruction, if it stays on, whats to worry about correctness.

As regards the male ends, they are desinged to fit (connect to) fieldsheer saddle bags. Nothing more than tthat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode