Givi V35 Monokey Side cases - 1st impression - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Givi V35 Monokey Side cases - 1st impression

Givi V35 MONOKEY SIDE cases HK$2680 / US$344

MONOKEY SIDE Mount (art. 017BRU0024) HK$1800 / US$231

Total US$575 (installation charge included)

I bought Versys for it's look, so I will start with it on the V35, too.

With the V35 mounted, the Versys looks huge. V35-mounted width is some inches wider than the handlebar. People in Hong Kong seldom put such a large pair of cases on their bikes. It is not good for flowing around traffic jams. We prefer slim bikes for commuting as such.

The bare Mount alone doesn't make the Versys looks strange. It's tightly joint with the sub-frame while replacing the standard plastic-wrap grab handle. Black "anodized" surface blends with the frame nicely.

I will need some stickers on the V35, and a glossy black paint job on the C35 Cover set to complete the look.

Hopefully, more photos will be taken on the details of the V35 internals

Meanwhile, see how the dealer staff worked on my Versys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:44 AM

I just put some on last weekend, and I am impressed. The build quality is very good, they are plenty big, and they look appropriate for the bike.

GIVI could have tucked them in closer to the body an inch or so, and I don't like that I need the key to open them all the time, but that's the only gripe.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokto7 View Post
I will need some stickers on the V35, and a glossy black paint job on the C35 Cover set to complete the look.
Specifically you need one that says, "I rode the Alaska-Canada Highway," and another that says, "Where the hell is Wall Drug?"

Verra nice!

I'm calm like a bomb!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM

I really like the green V. Looks tight.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Looks great, I have a question for all you V fans out there, I'm sold on the Givi V35 cases, however I'm undecided which mounting hardware to go w/ Givi or SW Motech. It appears that the SW Motech allows the factory grab handles to be retained (no big deal) and there is an option for a quick release feature that leaves a few tabs, which is very attractive to me. However My biggest issue is total width, does anyone know which option has the narrowest profile.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM

My Givi V35 mounting racks (PLX447) retain the original grab handles. Mine cases are supposed to arrive today.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 PM

My medium Shoei Multitec is a VERY tight squeeze in the V35. It is a wide helmet, but anything larger will definately not fit.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode