HEPCO and BECKER Crash Bars are in the US - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
HEPCO and BECKER Crash Bars are in the US

Just thought I would mention that Eurotechsports just recieved a shipment of 25 sets of Hepco Becker crash bars . They sent the largest part of them to A Moto Stuff and are drop shipping bars that were ordered through Happy Trails .
Mine are enroute to the house via UPS as I type . If you want a set of these bars , you better move fast . To my understanding , the last shipment the US got went within a week . I have been waiting for mine for 5 weeks now , but they will be here Thursday . Yipper DEE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 PM

good news! i'm still waiting for mine from A Moto
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokto7 View Post
good news! i'm still waiting for mine from A Moto
I would assume you will see your very soon in the event you had them on order for some time as Dragonbreath and myself have . Dragonbreath got a notification from Amotto , I think today .

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO-SLOKE View Post
I would assume you will see your very soon in the event you had them on order for some time as Dragonbreath and myself have . Dragonbreath got a notification from Amotto , I think today .
A Moto confirmed my order at last week of Aug.

Hopefully it will be shipped to me by next weekend to Hong Kong ^^

btw, Sadly... I dropped my V last week with scratches on right cowling and radiator cover, bent brake levers, broken footrest, scratches on passenger footrest... ouch!

luckily, didn't drop myself and get myself hurt... this experience (1st drop ever over 20000km / 3bikes) worth every penny. will be more careful next time.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

lokto7 ,

MAN , I hate to hear you dropped her . That alway ssucks . I did not realize that you are in Hong Kong . That's a little far from North Carolina USA or I would just swing by and ride a bit . LOL
Are you an American in Hong Kong ? If I may ask . You need to post some photos of you and your V in Hong Kong . We all love photos like that .
Also , it looks to me like you could get stuff easier than ordering from the US only have it shipped from Germany to here , then Hong Kong . Ouch , that must be some seriously painful shipping costs .
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 PM

FYI, as PO-SLOKE mentioned, I got a tracking number from amotostuff.com today. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's going to take seven (7) !$#@*^% days for the shipment to get to me. I suspected it would because the last order that I got from them went from Nevada to California and then started it's journey east to NC. I don't pretend to understand the logic that UPS applied to that, but I guess there's a hub that it's got to go through. I'm about as impatient as they come, though, so waiting a whole week while my bars plod their way across the country is going to be tortuous.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 PM

Ditto. Mine were shipped today! Yeah!

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO-SLOKE View Post
lokto7 ,

MAN , I hate to hear you dropped her . That alway ssucks . I did not realize that you are in Hong Kong . That's a little far from North Carolina USA or I would just swing by and ride a bit . LOL
Are you an American in Hong Kong ? If I may ask . You need to post some photos of you and your V in Hong Kong . We all love photos like that .
Also , it looks to me like you could get stuff easier than ordering from the US only have it shipped from Germany to here , then Hong Kong . Ouch , that must be some seriously painful shipping costs .
I'm a native Hongkong-nese (lack of nationalism =.=). Shame that I dun update my Versys gallery often... http://chup.info/gallery2/v/d-/versys/

yep... in Hong Kong, buying parts not for Honda bikes is... not enjoyable. Not many choices... We have to rely on online shops often. Buying from Europe often incurs more expensive delivery charges as well as products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Kel

Any pics of the crash bars, and prices? Thanks
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Any pics of the crash bars, and prices? Thanks
here you go

(it should be black)
http://www.amotostuff.com/thestore/p...220_00_01.html

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Do not tarry . If you remotely think you want a set , I would step up to the plate and get that creidt card to smoking . They go VERY fast and the wait for more is insane .
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 02:30 PM

Thumbs up That is far more beautiful that a bar protection

I think this is a good compromise between security and look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protec1.jpg (30.9 KB, 449 views)
File Type: jpg protec2.jpg (36.7 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg protec3.jpg (35.0 KB, 433 views)
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

quantique318 ,

Yep , those look good for sure . But some of us such as myself and others , we come from an offroad background and think largely on radiator protection . That is pretty much what we are after and the fact that a simple highway peg can be mounted as an option . Also , the bar setup is a great place for running lights .
I like your setup though . But not for my intended useage .
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Wink Ah yes then it is true that my coverage is a little

Ah yes then it is true that my coverage is a little
light ..... What tyre is mounted? For the road I have mounted Pilot Power 2CT from Michelin is very well to hold the road in the rain and wear is very low. Very disappointed with the Dunlop wear it very quickly.

sorry for my English
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM

If you hold off on the purchase of your H&B bars, you might save a bit of cash.

The GBP to US$ has dropped about 12-14% in last 4 weeks from US$2.00 to 1 GBP to todays US$1.75 to 1 GBP.

Having said that, I have the H&B bars and they saved my bike from many hundereds of US$'s when I dropped it back in May, so waiting could be a false economy!!

Machog
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantique318 View Post
Ah yes then it is true that my coverage is a little
light ..... What tyre is mounted? For the road I have mounted Pilot Power 2CT from Michelin is very well to hold the road in the rain and wear is very low. Very disappointed with the Dunlop wear it very quickly.

sorry for my English
I am still running the stock Dunlop and have about 2400 miles on them . Believe it or not , they show almost no wear at all . BUT ......... I am a very mid rider . Easy on the throttle and not terribly hard cornering at all .
Although the Dunlops seem to be really sticky on the road . A good thing for me too !

By the way , fear not for your english , it is far better than my , " whetever " language would be your native language . LOL
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
mpw

I got notification that mine has shipped as well!...again, 7 days to NC
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

mpw ,

cool man . you need to check the forum calendar for Oct/ 11th . We have a group ride set up and all the new bars will look sharp .
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Kel

I see the instructions are in German only. Has that caused any problems, or is it pretty straight how to install them? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode