Installing LED License plate frame - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Installing LED License plate frame

I got a plate frame that has an aux brake light and turn signals that I'd like to install. Anyone done anything like this... Is it difficult? Anything I should look out for? Tips?

Anyone want to come over and help me, I'll buy the beer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I did something similar and bought 2 GYB Versa (http://www.amazon.com/GYB-Products-P.../dp/B0013LDA8E) and placed one on the bottom side and one on the top side of the plate (it was cheaper than buying those ready made plate frames). I drilled a hole in the plastic right behind the plate and ran the wires through. I bought a bunch of Posi-Taps and tapped into the wires coming from the tail light and turn signals coming out from under the seat. The Posi-Tap made it very easy. For the break wire I ended tapping into the wrong wire (the tail) but swapping them was a piec of cake with the Posi-Tap. Note that I have no affiliation with any the brands mentionned above, but it ended up being an easy job. You can see (not very clearly though) the finnished job in my gallery.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb42 View Post
I got a plate frame that has an aux brake light and turn signals that I'd like to install. Anyone done anything like this... Is it difficult? Anything I should look out for? Tips?

Anyone want to come over and help me, I'll buy the beer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode