Anyone mount PIAA LP530 fog lights on 2015 Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone mount PIAA LP530 fog lights on 2015 Versys

I just purchased a set of PIAA LP530's and was wondering if anyone has pictures of how/where they mounted their fog lights. I like the factory look but the price is too high.

Thanks.

Chris
2015 Versys 650LT, White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Check Twisted Throttle and other online sources for light mounts. You're are unlikely to find cheap mounts that have a Versys specific fit however in the long run, OEM or this is probably the only way to go. Both Denali and SW-Motech make light mounts for the Versys. You never know but you might find used mounts in the for sale section of this site or on EBay.

I suspect you can find non branded LED lights with similar quality and performance to the PIAA at AliExpress for slightly less than $100 and have money left for a good custom fit mount. Look for model with 4 CREE led's per unit and light output in range of 4000lm/unit with narrow beam pattern. This is what I have and performance is excellent. Wire these to high beam headlight, that way existing high beam switch will control them. Note - do this ONLY with LED lights as their current draw is low enough to not overload the high beam circuit, incandescent or halogen aux lights have a much higher current draw and can be wired like this (relay trigger connected to high beam circuit) but will also require a relay. Motorcycle relay modules are $10 for two on AliExpress.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-27-2017 at 03:00 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I mounted mine to my crash bars. Not sure of many other places to mount stuff.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 11:37 AM
jpd

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Here in VA I had a inspector tell me that the fog/running light have to be set up to turn off when the high beam is turned on. Other places I have had my bikes inspected didn't care.

I have cheep 10w led off amazon mounted at the lower screw of the upper side fairing with a longer bolt and spacer, powered from the acc. relay and a rocker switch on the bars. I am not trying to light up the road way out in front of me, just make me more visible to others. If the stock head lights do not give me enough light I am ridding to fast for the conditions. Note I do not do off road or late at night very often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160713_153848_resized.jpg (43.2 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg 20160713_153746_resized.jpg (33.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 20160713_153803_resized.jpg (30.6 KB, 88 views)
quexpress likes this.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode