• 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Duffy
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By ATYC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi E-22 cases on MK3

Just posting in case anyone is interested in luggage possibilities for the 2015-2017. Yesterday I went from this:

To this:

Ditched the Givi rack, mount plate and V-47 in favor of SW-Motech luggage rack and side-carriers, with Givi E-22 cases. I'll probably buy the necessary bits to allow me to mount the V-47 to the SW-M rack for travelling, or if I just end up missing the top case.

The side cases stick out about 1" beyond the bars on each side, and are about 1" narrower on each side than the mirrors (mounted on Motorwerks extenders), so not so bad. Gotta get used to mounting up without kicking the crap out of the cases, though. All my prior bikes had side cases, but all had center stands, and none were this high. It'll be a good excuse to get this 56 year-old back and knees more limber I guess.

Last edited by Doug Just Doug; 01-30-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 AM

Garage
Got the same ones =)

I did take some red reflective tape and put it on the back. If cut right it looks pretty good (I'll get a pic when I get home).

(Picture from my other thread)

Made with authentic materials.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I like the fact - obviously - that the cases can be mounted with the slope facing forward or facing aft. Clever these Givi folks.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
I like the fact - obviously - that the cases can be mounted with the slope facing forward or facing aft. Clever these Givi folks.
Is wondering if his are on backwards now...... /paranoid. Dammit LOL!

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
I LIKE the fact that (unlike the OEM Kawi bags...) they are top-loading!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 11:49 AM

I came from a cruiser with bags and trunk. I bought the LT but had to have a top case. Just way too handy. Those are top loading bags aren't they?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brate View Post
Is wondering if his are on backwards now...... /paranoid. Dammit LOL!
Yeah, I like that they can go either direction. I had the E-21s on my last bike, which could be reversed, too, though the difference in profile was less than with the E-22s.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 03:17 PM

Garage
I have the E-21s. For me, there is absolutely a "Right Way" and a "Backwards". But - whatever you prefer - the top loading 21s (and now the updated and more stylish 22s) are GREAT cases, at maybe the best price for any similar locking hard side cases. Love 'em. Great choice.
Doug Just Doug likes this.

Always trust your cape.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 PM

Garage
Yah, so I flipped mine around then face-palmed.. definitely looks better the "right" way lol. Now I have to redo my stickers =(

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:52 AM

notice how everybody is changing the PoS windshield...
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I came from a cruiser with bags and trunk. I bought the LT but had to have a top case. Just way too handy. Those are top loading bags aren't they?
Yup, top-loaders. I've used both over the years and for me, top-loaders make max use of their volume 'cuz you can shove them full to the brim, and junk isn't trying to escape every time the case is opened with the bike on the side stand like with side-opening cases. These will never look as nice and integrated as the OEM cases, however.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yah, so I flipped mine around then face-palmed.. definitely looks better the "right" way lol. Now I have to redo my stickers =(
Oh no, what did I start?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Now to learn to mount up without scuffing the hell out of the cases -- have had bikes with panniers but not on a bike this tall, so at 5'9" I'll be contorting myself into strange shapes trying to not eff-up the tops of the cases. :^)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
notice how everybody is changing the PoS windshield...
The stocker works pretty well for me, but I was looking for more wind protection during the winter so I went with the Puig, which works great at deflecting the cold air but has introduced a small (but tolerable) amount of buffeting between ~45-65 mph (actually goes away at higher speeds). I'm curious about the 2 larger of the National Cycle V-Stream shields, but waiting to read about some first-hand experiences.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Now to learn to mount up without scuffing the hell out of the cases -- have had bikes with panniers but not on a bike this tall, so at 5'9" I'll be contorting myself into strange shapes trying to not eff-up the tops of the cases. :^)
I do the "KLR shuffle" to get on my Vs - stick your right leg out straight at the bike, over the seat, then hop on your left foot till you can seat yourself.

Either THAT, or mount from the RIGHT side.

BOTH methods work well when you have stuff on the bike (like camping gear, etc).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:32 AM

I either use the right side (left leg straight over seat and slide on) or more often just use the left side but stand on the peg before swinging the leg over (still have to watch banging the top case).
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The stocker works pretty well for me, but I was looking for more wind protection during the winter so I went with the Puig, which works great at deflecting the cold air but has introduced a small (but tolerable) amount of buffeting between ~45-65 mph (actually goes away at higher speeds). I'm curious about the 2 larger of the National Cycle V-Stream shields, but waiting to read about some first-hand experiences.

Heres a tread on the tallest screen with a couple of videos also....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...50-1000-a.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Scuffs are almost impossible for me to avoid, try as I might. Once I get a few on there, or when I lay on a really good one, - I have had good success with just some black shoe polish and a few minutes with a buffing cloth. Restores the look pretty well.

When I tipped over and scratched the case's corner in the gravel, I just sanded it smoother and then used shoe polish again.

Always trust your cape.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Got the same ones =)

I did take some red reflective tape and put it on the back. If cut right it looks pretty good (I'll get a pic when I get home).

(Picture from my other thread)

Hey, what windscreen are you running? Like it?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hey, what windscreen are you running? Like it?
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ersys-650-1000

Givi D4105ST - I really have not used it enough to offer a solid opinion or review of it yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode