Stock VS Givi Windscreen (on 2016) Size Comp - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Stock VS Givi Windscreen (on 2016) Size Comp

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but here is a size comparison of the stock vs the GIVI D4105ST (sorry for the totally messy garage )

and

onewizard likes this.

Made with authentic materials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:54 AM

I installed a Givi D4114ST on my 15' in place of the OEM and it works great. In the down position it's about 1/2" too tall. I can live with it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I installed a Givi D4114ST on my 15' in place of the OEM and it works great. In the down position it's about 1/2" too tall. I can live with it.
You can always cut the 1/2" off.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I was torn between that one, the Puig and the one I got. Ultimately I figured they would all be better than stock. So far I am happy, at lowest setting the air graces the tip top of my helmet (I'm 6'3" or 190cm) and at medium I am pretty much in the clear. At all but the highest setting I am looking over the top unless I'm looking at the road up front.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
You can always cut the 1/2" off.

I thought of that......but this shield has a "flip" at the top and I wouldn't want to remove any of that.

When I say 1/2" high I should also state that my motorcycle posture is horrible. I slump down a bit after riding a while and that makes the shield that 1/2" too high. If I set up as my grandmother always told me too it is fine.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...I slump down a bit after riding a while and that makes the shield that 1/2" too high. If I set up as my grandmother always told me too it is fine.
Try a back-brace. I ALWAYS wear one while riding, and it keeps me from 'slumping'.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 05:27 PM

I just bought one a month or so ago............haven't used it yet though. Too much white fluffy stuff.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 03:01 PM

I've read reports from someone from Australia that these shields are not so great in the summer - they block so much wind, you're actually deprived of cooling.

Any opinions in this regard? Too early to tell?

2015 Versys 650
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Big_Mac_ View Post
I've read reports from someone from Australia that these shields are not so great in the summer - they block so much wind, you're actually deprived of cooling.

Any opinions in this regard? Too early to tell?
I seem to get adequate air flow to keep cool. Haven't tried it at 105 F yet but will next summer. Probably wouldn't be nice in Arizona in July though.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

FWIW - on both my Vs, I put the BIGGER one on for winter or colder temps, OR for long rides where rain's possible, and use the OEM ones during warmer times. I do the SAME w/ my handguards regarding their plastic "shields".

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'll need a few months before I can test hot (90+) weather riding. I suspect that it will be fine as I'm pretty acclimatized to Texas weather.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode