• 2 Post By Gigitt
  • 1 Post By Gigitt
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post Kaoko Throttle Lock Handguard options? Problem solved Thanks

Hey people, I own the this throttle lock and I'm curious about fitmint. (Update Problem solved Thanks)

I've tried to search the forums and asked a few question but I haven't gotten anywhere.

Does anyone have feedback on the OEM Kawi guards for my 2011 V ? I'm looking for the most blockage possible within reason.

In the description of this Kaoko Throttle Lock
Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control for Select Kawasaki Motorcycle Models | TwistedThrottle.com

It states that I can use with the OEM Kawasaki Handguards but I like options. Does anyone know if there are any other handguard options for use with the traditional sized Kaoko Throttle lock without doing any modding? The Oem Guards look nice but I also like the bark buster storms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpspzOHM.jpg (65.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg kaw200low_web.jpg (21.7 KB, 61 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-21-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ons-video.html

Check post 4 and 33

Last edited by onewizard; 12-07-2016 at 09:18 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Thanks Wizard, I've run into this post before and it brought me to the conclusion that I'm probably going to have to sell the one that I own and buy that little shorty version. The one I have is too long. Thanks again!
onewizard likes this.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Post 4 is a very old post, and it appears the part is different to yours. One thing only you could tell me, is the bar end weight permanently attached to the lock?
I can tell you I have Barkbusters Storms, I feel they are superior to Kawi ones,they also come with various end weights and methods of attachment including hardware.My weights are half the length of yours in the photo.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 06:17 AM

I use this works really well

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG5637.jpg (58.5 KB, 86 views)

Versatile Versys
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, had that on my 07, on my 2015 it wasn't a option and went with the Go Cruise Aluminum Go Cruise 2 Throttle Device Universal, Auminum | Black - TwistedThrottle.ca and the
Kuryakyn Crampbuster Throttle Control for 7/8in & 1-3/8in, Narrow Design

After looking at the prices, I personally would never use the Kaoko, just for the price, but mainly with the Barkbuster Storms on, it would be difficult to activate .
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
[quote=Glenno;1264810]...I use this works really well

[quote/]

As do I (Vista Cruise Universal).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
Thanks Wizard, I've run into this post before and it brought me to the conclusion that I'm probably going to have to sell the one that I own and buy that little shorty version. The one I have is too long. Thanks again!
That is correct.

model KAW200 has a matching bar end too match the factory one you remove - just like other bike models they make, it replaces the factory bar end for that bike.

But if you need to add hand guards, you need to consider what protection you need from them. If you need crash protection with a backbone, then you do need to install the KAW210 throttle lock so you attach the back bone to the bar. Now it's possible that taking off bar ends induce some bar vibrations, and barkbusters do have an accessory backbone weight you can add.

If you just want some wind and rain protection there are handguards that attach only on the inside of grips leaving the stock bar ends. They don't have a backbone for protection in a crash but are also way way cheaper to buy. You can then use you KAW200 throttle lock.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
thanks for taking the time to share but I'm all about the Kaoko. Love this thing. I've had others and didn't like em.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Post 4 is a very old post, and it appears the part is different to yours. One thing only you could tell me, is the bar end weight permanently attached to the lock?
I can tell you I have Barkbusters Storms, I feel they are superior to Kawi ones,they also come with various end weights and methods of attachment including hardware.My weights are half the length of yours in the photo.
yea I'm pretty sure it's permanently attached. I heard nothing but good things about those bb's. Thanks
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
yea I'm pretty sure it's permanent. I tried to separate them. No go. I need a different version of the Kaoko to get the BB's I believe.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
That is correct.

model KAW200 has a matching bar end too match the factory one you remove - just like other bike models they make, it replaces the factory bar end for that bike.

But if you need to add hand guards, you need to consider what protection you need from them. If you need crash protection with a backbone, then you do need to install the KAW210 throttle lock so you attach the back bone to the bar. Now it's possible that taking off bar ends induce some bar vibrations, and barkbusters do have an accessory backbone weight you can add.

If you just want some wind and rain protection there are handguards that attach only on the inside of grips leaving the stock bar ends. They don't have a backbone for protection in a crash but are also way way cheaper to buy. You can then use you KAW200 throttle lock.
. I def want the back bone and a bigger gaurd than the oem versions. I think the only option is to get a new Kaoko
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

How about with heated grips?

Quote:
That is correct.

(Solution) So I realize I need to get rid of my KAW200 and get the kbb300 for the barkbuster storms but my last question is, do you think me adding headed grips into the equation will change things dramatically? Thanks Gigitt!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-21-2016 at 01:21 AM.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
heated grips will not affect the Kaoko or the bark busters... just make sure that you install the barkbusters first and then test fit heated grips rotation, you don't want the throttle heated grip wire hitting the barkbusters as you turn the throttle.
onewizard likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
heated grips will not affect the Kaoko or the bark busters... just make sure that you install the barkbusters first and then test fit heated grips rotation, you don't want the throttle heated grip wire hitting the barkbusters as you turn the throttle.
great advice, thanks!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Oxford Heated Grips

When you are ready let me know, I have a good clutch side photo, but the throttle side is critical, if I was to do it again, I would move the throttle cable a few more degrees counter clockwise.If you are interested I can take some pictures of my install on my 2015. I am in the process of moving the controller.
Joey Rocket Films likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
When you are ready let me know, I have a good clutch side photo, but the throttle side is critical, if I was to do it again, I would move the throttle cable a few more degrees counter clockwise.If you are interested I can take some pictures of my install on my 2015. I am in the process of moving the controller.
That would be awesome Wizard. I have a second gen though, will they relate?

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for sharing but I've been there and I'm not going back. Love my Kaoko

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Here's the left side on my Gen 1

and the right.

Joey Rocket Films likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode