Calsci tinted shield - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Calsci tinted shield

Would like to get some feedback on those that own the Calsci brand windshields. I think I would like the short tinted version. Are there any other brands that are comparable to the Calsci that has given good results. I actually like the stock windshield but prefer it to be tinted. Does Kawi make one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I replaced the smallish OEM shield with a larger Givi for touring. There are any number of shield makers and I'd almost bet that all of them make a tinted shield. My Givi is a D4114ST.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
For the newer V's I have a tall V-Stream you can see all three in the photo below.... Heres the link to the shorter one.....National Cycle | N20115 VStream® Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki® KLE650/1000 Versys

Image 12-1-16 at 7.50 PM by weljo2001, on Flickr

My Bike....

P1010529 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 07:25 PM

Garage
I ran one on my bike this summer and am pleased with it. It's taller and wider than the stock shield and imho looks nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160904_084949.jpg (84.6 KB, 78 views)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:10 AM

Garage
I have the CalSci in medium. I tried the stock screen and a tinted Vario MRA (with the little kicker). Both allowed too much wind on my noggin. After some research I opted for the CalSci. I'm 5'9" so the medium was just right, the slipstream rides about 3" above my head. My sight view is still over the top if the screen too. Riding behind the CalSci is very comfortable. The bulk of the wind is deflected but there is still enough air movement that keeps me cool in the summer. Also there is no buffeting.

If you order one from them, you need to specify if you have hand guards or not. I did not specify and they sent me the wider screen so I had to take off my hand guards. CalSci said they would exchange me but I like the coverage of the wider screen. I plan on getting a bar riser anyway, then I will be able to reinstall the hand guards.

Also just a note, if you look closely at the pic, I painted the lower part of the screen so it would hide the mounting hardware. Now the screen blends with the dash nicely.

Good luck on your search.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calsci windscreen.jpg (95.5 KB, 75 views)

Ed

2011 Versys 650

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent... Proverbs 17:28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode