• 2 Post By Out West
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By McFiscH
  • 1 Post By Doug Just Doug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Denali Mini Sound Bomb

Got tired of the anemic horn on my '15 VLT. I commute on DFW freeways. I couldn't hear the factory horn above road noise. No chance of car or truck drivers hearing it. And driving these roads you frequently need a horn. People doing 75 mph with their faces glued to smart phones while drifting through and over lanes don't see other cars and especially not motorcycles.

The good news is this horn is LOUD! Louder than the horn on my car. And the tone is way more authoritative. Cost me 29 bucks, installs with no modification to the factory bracket, no electrical wiring required and no clearance issues.

I view this as a survival necessity. I am a happy camper. Ready to resume jousting with the cage drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Denali Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out West View Post
Got tired of the anemic horn on my '15 VLT. I commute on DFW freeways. I couldn't hear the factory horn above road noise. No chance of car or truck drivers hearing it. And driving these roads you frequently need a horn. People doing 75 mph with their faces glued to smart phones while drifting through and over lanes don't see other cars and especially not motorcycles.

The good news is this horn is LOUD! Louder than the horn on my car. And the tone is way more authoritative. Cost me 29 bucks, installs with no modification to the factory bracket, no electrical wiring required and no clearance issues.

I view this as a survival necessity. I am a happy camper. Ready to resume jousting with the cage drivers.
Interesting, my Denali remote sound bomb draws close to 20 amp and the lights dim when it is on, nice change using the mini with 5 amp draw, no compressor etc. Thanks for posting, and the price is good!
Irish green likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

A REALLY loud horn is a VERY GOOD thing!!!

(I use WOLO Bad Boys on both my Vs, as well as on my Mazda Protege5 "cage".)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 06:01 PM

Garage
Where did you buy the denali for 29 bucks? And can you post where you mounted it?

Chris
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette96 View Post
Where did you buy the denali for 29 bucks? And can you post where you mounted it?

Chris
FWIW - the WOLO horn goes for pretty close to $30 at Harbor-Freight.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

First find

Quote:

Chris
Not a air horn, but for those wishing to replace the BEEP Beeep for something louder, in the exact place using original wiring, then according to revzilla and the OP , this would be the way to go. I can't see how it would be equal to my sound bomb air horn that draws close to 20 amp, so somewhere between.

DENALI SoundBomb Mini Electromagnetic Low Tone Motorcycle Horn | TwistedThrottle.com
Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn - RevZilla
quexpress likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 10:30 PM

Garage
Thx @onewizard, did exactly this today, and what happened? All good, nice commute, not a single need today to use it at all!

However, this is California, so I'm pretty sure the moment will come where I'll be happy to have upgraded
onewizard likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 09:58 AM

Garage
Thanks Out West! Since I am not mechanically/electrically inclined, this is exactly what I need.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:46 PM

Just installed the Denali Soundbomb on my 2015. I've rotated the bracket 180 degrees inboard so the horn is more tucked away. I think it'll clear everything with the front suspension fully compressed. It's definitely much louder, more like a car now. The horn and tail light look to be on the same circuit with a 10A fuse, so I think it'll be OK with the horn needing 5A.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Denali Mini Soundbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Just installed the Denali Soundbomb on my 2015. I've rotated the bracket 180 degrees inboard so the horn is more tucked away. I think it'll clear everything with the front suspension fully compressed. It's definitely much louder, more like a car now. The horn and tail light look to be on the same circuit with a 10A fuse, so I think it'll be OK with the horn needing 5A.
You mean mini? Correct?--5 amp rating is lots, unless your horn button sticks on, --just kidding , the 10 amp rating is to protect the wiring, in case you shorted out the wiring, total load with brake light and horn on are less than 80% of 10 amp.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Twisted Throttle... 29.99 (plus tax, license, dealer prep, and factory discounts if any.)

OUTSTANDING folks to deal with.

Looks like it goes right there old anemic horn lived.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
You mean mini? Correct?--5 amp rating is lots, unless your horn button sticks on, --just kidding , the 10 amp rating is to protect the wiring, in case you shorted out the wiring, total load with brake light and horn on are less than 80% of 10 amp.
Yeah, the mini.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 08:25 AM

Here's a pic showing the mini SB on my '15 with the mount bracket rotated inward.

onewizard likes this.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:03 PM

That would be most fantastic if paired with a high tone horn, to go along with your low tone horn... I've have a pair of these (1 high tone and 1 low tone) in the car for 13 years now, and they're still going strong. I got to use them well on my last trip into town tonight to fend off a couple of nut job kids racing around in car and pickup, which then attempted to flee in fear.

WOLO 315-2T Loud One High Tone Horn 12-Volt 115 Decibels 510 Hz Two Terminal | eBay

Last edited by invader; 11-23-2016 at 09:07 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 12:33 PM

Garage
Does anyone with the Mini Bomb has the issue that it doesn't work for longer than a few seconds? Whenever I need mine it just stops working after the first use, sounding like an engine running out of fuel. Won't come back on that ride, but next day or so it is back with the same behavior.

Didn't check the fuse yet, but if it would have blown the horn wouldn't work on the next day. ?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFiscH View Post
...Didn't check the fuse yet, but if it would have blown the horn wouldn't work on the next day?
Correctumundo (to quote the Fonz...)!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode