Denali Mini Sound Bomb - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaDMP View Post

A while ago I bought mine at Revzilla for $29.00
Me, too. There may be some confusion in this thread -- the Mini Sound Bomb is inexpensive and plug 'n' play, unlike the air horn model.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...bomb-mini-horn

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 07:00 PM

Garage
that's pretty dang good. i've got a stebel that has been sitting in the lazy box for a few of years while i picked up a piaa sport horn around the same time and put it on the wife's bike. the piaa is a straight swap with no relay and nice and loud. it's about $50 these days though. the msb is the way to go.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I used to change out the horns on all of my bikes but don't bother anymore.

I found that the times where I really needed the horn I was too busy braking or accelerating to get out of the way and no time to use the horn.

I only used it to if it looked like someone might potentially be drifting in my direction and there is no guarantee that they would even pay attention to it, and some didn't which then meant I still had to take evasive maneuvers.

I found that by changing my riding style and where I rode I never needed to activate the horn.

I guess it just decided it is better for me to ride like I am invisible and not be where someone could merge into me. I have actually started creating custom avoidance areas and roads in my GPS so when I ask it to get me somewhere it avoids those shopping districts, etc. that I don't want to ride in anyway.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I bought a Stebel Nautilus air horn a few years ago to put on my Ninja 1000 but changed my mind. Then installed it on my GMC truck. It will definitely get your attention.

Here is another cheaper option I did on my V-650 a couple of years ago. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ual-horns.html

It has been very effective on several occasions...aka helped keep things on the rubber.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
...I found that the times where I really needed the horn I was too busy braking or accelerating to get out of the way and no time to use the horn....
I use MY horns as a "critter avoidance tool", and used it that way this morning. Saw a white-tail doe a few hundred yards ahead, so I simultaneously got ON the brakes and ON the horn (which is a "Stebel clone" - a WOLO Bad Boy).

So far - they've all run away well before I got to where they'd been.

-
twowheeladdict likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:02 AM

are there any other sites besides revzilla? im just curious price wise or revzilla is the best option?
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahR View Post
are there any other sites besides revzilla? im just curious price wise or revzilla is the best option?
Twisted Throttle
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode