5Likes
  • 3 Post By Doug Just Doug
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Doug Just Doug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
World's smallest saddlebags?

OK, not really; they're Chase-Harper Barrel Bags (~$24 each). I've used them on prior bikes, but not this way. They're intended for luggage racks or forks, but they happen to fit great on MK3 passenger handles. Almost no fore/aft movement, and they won't get sucked in towards the wheel because they're supported by the black plastic bodywork back there (nothing touches the painted panels.) Plastic stiffeners ensure they keep their shape. Zippers aren't waterproof, so whatever I put in them goes inside a zip-loc first. I'm using them for items that will be seldom accessed: first aid kit, my little on-the-road repair kit, tire repair kit, etc.

invader, Freubel and 1968Jeepr like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM

Look great on the bike. Are the Chase labels sewn on so I can remove them? I only advertise when paid.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuri77 View Post
Look great on the bike. Are the Chase labels sewn on so I can remove them? I only advertise when paid.
I believe the lettering is stitched into the Cordura, so would be a major PITA to remove, if possible without damaging it. Maybe a black Sharpie is the answer? Or maybe by next spring all the winter road crud will have "dyed" the white thread a darker color. I'm not a big fan of advertising, either (note the de-badged tank/fairing). I'm thinking of covering at least some of that aluminum strip on the top case with SOLAS tape, too.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 10:48 PM

Thanks for sharing I just ordered one. It sells for $20 on ebay.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
I believe the lettering is stitched into the Cordura, so would be a major PITA to remove, if possible without damaging it. Maybe a black Sharpie is the answer? Or maybe by next spring all the winter road crud will have "dyed" the white thread a darker color. I'm not a big fan of advertising, either (note the de-badged tank/fairing). I'm thinking of covering at least some of that aluminum strip on the top case with SOLAS tape, too.

So, if someone asks you the name and brand of your bike, do you provide 'word of mouth' advertising? And isn't the fact that you showed us the bags and told us what they are, advertising for the manufacturer?

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
So, if someone asks you the name and brand of your bike, do you provide 'word of mouth' advertising? And isn't the fact that you showed us the bags and told us what they are, advertising for the manufacturer?
I'm all for advertising and marketing (my Versys was largely paid for by money earned advertising/marketing on my old moto-blog.) I just have never liked it on my bikes. If they're painted or at least clear-coated, I can live with it, but if it's just stickers I'd just as soon lose them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Picked up a couple of them right after you posted for my V-1000. I like them lets me keep the top case empty and to stash a few items i had under the seat that i can grab quick now. Cleaned up the straps after the photos and used a few zip-ties to make them more secure..

P1010582 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010580 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Doug Just Doug likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Picked up a couple of them right after you posted for my V-1000. I like them lets me keep the top case empty and to stash a few items i had under the seat that i can grab quick now. Cleaned up the straps after the photos and used a few zip-ties to make them more secure..
Looks good! I need to speak with C-H about commissions on referrals.
weljo2001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode