V650 National Cycle Windscreen '15/'16 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

V650 National Cycle Windscreen '15/'16

Earlier this year a friend & I purchased (2) left-over 2015 V650’s, his is an LT & mine an ABS. My friend found the windshield extremely noisy regardless of where it is adjusted. All of my bikes have flyscreens or nothing, so the noise doesn’t bother me all that much, though it’s much higher than I expected. He disliked the noise so much, he wouldn’t ride the bike. Several months back he called National Cycle to see if they were going to produce a windshield for the “new” V, since he’s been very happy w/ several of theirs in the past. He was told repeatedly that they were coming out w/ something & that it was almost ready. After several months of calling, he was finally assured the windshield would be ready the following Tues. & arrived about a week ago. He found it to be terribly noisy regardless of where it was adjusted & called Nat’l Cycle for their take on the situation. They told him to send it back for a refund based on whether or not it could be re-sold as “new”. I didn’t see it, but according to my friend, the Nat’l Cycle windshield was almost straight up & down w/ little slant.

Have any of you purchased this windscreen and, if so – what are your thoughts? It’s my understanding they introduced a screen for the new V1000 as well, but that it mounts differently & has a slant.

...I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days...and nights for that matter...and it is one of my finest addictions...
--- Hunter S. Thompson 1995 ---

2017 Triumph Street Scrambler, 2012 Triumph Thruxton, 2003 Ducati M800Sie, 2001 BMW R1100R-L, 1999 Kawasaki KLR650, 1996 Harley XLH Sportster S, 1972 Yamaha XS-2

Last edited by bluesman77; 08-08-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Garage
I have a 2015 v 650 lt and I bought a puig windshield because the buffering made me want to ride at all. I bought it on revzilla and love it. Worth every penny, and I got the light smoke which is the perfect tint.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 09:20 PM

I have a GIVI D4114 windscreen. It works really well. I have it adjusted about halfway up and I can have my shield on my helmet up with very little wind. It is specifically designed for the '15 and '16 Versys 650s.

Givi D4114ST Windscreen For Kawasaki Versys 650 LT & ABS '15-'16 | TwistedThrottle.com

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. Did you get what they designate the "touring" model? Any photos?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 PM

get a madstad and have all the windshields you want in 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode