After a spill - damage report - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
After a spill - damage and repair report

I recently pulled off the road onto (into?) the shoulder which was softer and gravelley-er than I thought it would be. Down I went.

It scratched up the cowling and a some other less noticeable plastic bits. The cowl was scratched through the paint though, so just buffing it out and clear-coating it wasn't going to cut it.

I considered having it re-painted at a body shop, but I checked out http://www.kawasakipartshouse.net/ They had the genuine Kawasaki cowl for $150.00 (they didn't charge tax), which I think would be cheaper and easier than getting it painted. Also, it's a guaranteed match.

You can order the OEM Kawasaki decals from them, but why waste the opportunity to do something different? I ordered a custom decal from decalfx.com

My experience was overall positive from both sites.

My decal showed up quickly, and it looked like I expected it to from the example on the site. (see photo) This should get a few smiles when I'm riding through traffic trying not to get squashed .

The folks at www.kawasakipartshouse.net weren't the most chatty via email - I had to call them to find out what was going on with my order, but they were friendly when I did get through on the phone, and the order came well packaged, and in a timely manner.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

P.S. Anyone know where I can get a good frog image decal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joes_Versys.jpg (50.2 KB, 1190 views)

Last edited by Joedeon; 09-14-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Yo, in my country that name is an insult (though probably I'm getting in trouble just mentioning that).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, Mt. Versuvius - it is meant as a reference to the classic "Frogger" video game.

Is the insult you are referring to the pejorative term for "French Canadian"? If so, I guess I'd better not ride to Canada with this bike - even though I am of French Canadian descent myself! My family comes from Pubnico, Nova Scotia.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeon View Post

Very cool. I must not get out enough. I only thought of the video game. I had no idea of another meaning.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Versuvius View Post
Yo, in my country that name is an insult (though probably I'm getting in trouble just mentioning that).
As a Canadian too, I was always under the impression that "frog" refers to French people (from France), and that the Canadian pejorative was either "Pepsi" or "gorf"....
Of course, giving "Equal time"... the pejoratives in use for us English back-grounders are:
Square heads (in French - Maudit tetes carres)
Maudit Anglais
Maudit blokes
There're PROBABLY many more.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM

Congrats, the bike looks great!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:00 PM

You can go to Daytona Biketoberfest and get one at Froggy's Saloon. "Tastes like chicken".

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cowling, decal, parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode