Kawasaki Decals - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kawasaki Decals

Some of you may know my V blew over in a parking lot last weekend. The whose sordid tale is covered in post #16 in a recent crashbar thread.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=11060

So, I bought a new fairing panel. The new panels have no graphics; which some people prefer, I don't.

The "Kawasaki Versys" OEM decals are (PER SIDE!) $35.34 from Bike Bandit, and $25.22 from Cheap Cycle Parts, plus shipping.

I have previously bought "Kawasaki" decals for my KLR650 from a guy on ebay. He sells a variety of colors and sizes. I chose the 8 1/4 inch version, which is about an inch longer than the OEM decal. These sell for $5.99 for a PAIR, plus $1 shipping. If you want to go smaller, he sells a pair of 5 inch decals for $3.99.

If you buy multiple sets, shipping is still $1.

http://stores.ebay.com/Advantage-Des...=p4634.c0.m322

These decals are high quality (I've had them on my KLR for years), and each letter is a die-cut separate sticker unlike the OEM sheet of clear plastic with added letters. I have no affiliation with the seller, I just wanted to share this source of Kawasaki stuff.

I have no source for cheap "Versys" decals, but I can do without on one side.

These decals take a lot of patience to install, as I'm sure the OEMs do, but if you are careful, it's not that hard. You can always buy multiple sets, in case you goof.

An aside about Bike Bandit vs. Cheap Cycle Parts. BB wanted $164 for the right fairing panel; CCP wanted $145. BB charges $9 shipping; CCP charges $49 shipping. I bought from BB, and had the part in less than 4 days. My last (and only) order from CCP shipped 9 days after I placed it, and I received it 2 days after that. It pays to comparison shop.

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2602.JPG (419.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2599.JPG (328.0 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by michael95453; 09-14-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode